Chapter 24

"I want our communities to join together so we can fight the saviors" Rick proposes, Gregory stands up "No, no way in hell that was not the deal" he declares racously with his hands up. Scratching his temple he continues to pace "You people swore you'd take the saviors out and you failed so any arrangement we had is now done, null an void" he sibilates turning towards us. Putting his hands on his hips "We aren't trade partners we aren't friends and we never met, we don't know each other" he gruffs sitting down.

Looking at rick he leans forward "I owe you nothing infact you owe me for taking in the refugees at great personal risk" "Oh you were very brave staying in here while Maggie and Sasha saved this place, your courage was inspiring" Jesus calls him out. Looking over at rick I take in a breath "Hey don't you work for me aren't we friends" Gregory asks paul mockingly "Gregory we already started this" Rick snaps moving forward "You started th-" "We did and we're gonna win" he assures roughly "These are killers"Gregory yells "Is this how you wanna live under their thumb killing your people" Rick blustered.

"Sometimes we don't get to decide what our lives look like; sometimes ricky you gotta count the blessings you have, and it seems like you don't have to many" he noticably nods towards me. Uncrossing my arms I squeeze my thumb in my fists "How many people can we spare" Maggie questions walking forward. He turns to her "How many people here can fight" she waves towards the windows behind him "We" he smiles with a scoff "I don't even know how many people we have margaret" Gregory jeers.

"And does it even matter I mean w-w-what are ya gonna do start a platoon of sorghum farmers cause that what we got, they grow things they're not gonna wanna fight" "You're wrong" Tara speaks up "When people have the chance to do the right thing they usually step up I mean people jus-" "Let me stop you before you break into song kay" he interrupts her with his hand out "And by the way who would train all this cannon fodder" "I will" "Give me a week" rosita and sasha respond.

"Rhetorical okay" he yells again in a faux sing song voice "I don't wanna know I don't wanna hear another word about any of it ever" "Would we be better off without the saviors yes or no"Rick thunders stepping forward holding his hand out and his head down "Yea sure okay" he huffs agreeing "So what would you do to fix the problem" michonne steps forward "I didn't say we had a problem you did and what happens outside of my purview is out side of my purview" he pushes his hand away "What the hell man you're either with us or ya ain't your sitting over there talking out of both sides of your mouth" Daryl barks.

He stands up fixing his sleeve "I think I made my position very clear" "Yea your position is on your knees" I scoff and he lets out an annoyed breath "And I wanna thank all of you for not being here today and not having this meeting with me or being seen on your way out" nobody moves or speaks "In other words go out the back" rick nods starting towards the door. Following him I close my eyes letting out the anger in my chest "Walking ballsack" rosita comments "Wanna knock that idiots teeth out" Sasha growls "We don't need him anyway" Daryl huffs "Yea that's right cause we have Maggie, sasha and Jesus here" Rick turns to our people he named off

"And Enid" maggie adds as the door opens revealing the young woman "Hey um" she stutters "What's wrong" Sasha inquires "Nothing just, come outside" she turns around and goes out the door. Walking out behind our people Rick and I stand in the doorway looking at the group around the steps "What's goin on" Maggie questions standing infront of the people "Hey so if you don't remember I'm Bertie and I owe my life to you all twice over a bunch of us do, Enid says that you want Gregory to get us to fight the saviors with you is that true" Bertie probes "Yes" Maggie nods "Do you think we could win, that we really could beat them; us" Bertie asks doubtfully "I do" she says truthfully "Enid says you could show us the way, I'm ready" she breathes "Me to" "Same" people speak up.