Chapter 8

Nodding, paul backs up "Follow me" he speaks to the rest of the group, hearing them go up the stairs I look over to rick nodding to tell him it's fine. Following Jesus he looks over the railing down at me "This way" my head turns to gregory gesturing to the room he came out of. "Malice right" forcing a smile I nod "Yea" I mumble walking into the room "Have a seat" he points to a chair as he closes the door. Sitting down my hand squeezes the end of my bat "Your father, he sent his people to kill one of our people because he tried to trick him" he leans against the front of his desk.

"You know what he did" he questions, swallowing softly I shake my head "He tried to send another girl to him saying it was you so he would leave us alone" I stand up when he walks towards me. Looking down at my bat he gives a forced laugh "Negan had that man killed slowly, we could hear his screams echoing in our houses for four hours" I shake my head opening my mouth "I'm sorry but I don't know negan" I speak my voice tight. Taking a step forward I get in his face "And I know you won't send me to him because this is my family and rick is my husband, and I'll kill you if you separate us" I threaten my jaw clenching.

With a smile he takes a step back "You really are your fathers daughter" he laughs "I am not, him" I hiss. Turning around I face the painting on the wall "Besides gregory, he'll kill you anyway if he somehow finds out you've seen me and he happens to show up, and I'm not here" I speak softly my shoulders shrugging innocently. Hearing his footsteps come towards me I turn around my bat raised and pointed at his face "I'm all you have at surviving him so don't do a stupid thing like piss me off" I taunt.

The door opens and I lower my bat "Gregory" Maggie speaks poking her head in, putting a smile on my face I pat his shoulder "I hope we can work this out later" I walk by Maggie my smile slowly disappearing. Going up the stairs I go to the door the group is surrounding, walking inside I look over rick with a cloth in hand over a bowl of water. Grabbing another cloth I go to a clean bowl of water and dip it in, running it over my face and neck I chew on my lip debating if I want to tell him about spencer. Deciding it's not important right now I walk out with him back down the stairs.

"What did he want to talk to you about" he questions looking over "He wanted to know if he can trust us" I breathe, Maggie comes out of his office her jaw clenched "He's not wanting to trade" she sighs putting her hand on a stand. Sitting down on a small couch with my bat in-between my legs, I lay my hand on ricks back listening to Jesus "We want to generate trade gregory does but ammo isn't something we urgently need" "Well how's that" Rick questions sitting up. Jesus points outside "The walls hold we just brought in more medicine gregory has the best deal possible" "Yea well, we want things to" daryl grunts "We need food" I sigh before clearing my throat "We came all this way we're gonna get it" Rick states.

Jesus looks over at rick before taking a breath "I will talk to him and we will work this out" he  says directly to rick. Turning to the rest of the group jesus continues "Circumstances change, we're doing well now and you will next I will make him understand that, can you give me a few days" he assures offering a deal. Closing my eyes I take a short breath "We can" michonne speaks, there's a moment of silence before ricks voice comes through "Yea" I open my eyes when I hear muffled yelling.

Standing up I look outside, the door opens and gregory opens his door a second later "What's wrong" he questions  "They're back" the guy says with a tense voice. Walking outside beside abraham I watch two guys and a woman walk towards us "Nathan what happened to everybody else where's Tim, Marsha" gregory presses "They're dead" Nathan announces. Gregory looks over the three people "Negan" he questions, hearing my fathers name I walk forward my hand tightening around my bat.

Nathan breathes a yea "But we had a deal" Gregory reminds "He said it wasn't enough, was the drop light" the other guy questions "No" Gregory huffs "They still have Craig" the woman speaks this time "They said they'll keep him alive,  return him to us if I delivered a message to you" Nathan speaks walking towards him  "So tell me" Gregory nods "I'm sorry" he sighs. Stabbing gregory michonne and rick run forward pushing Nathan away from him "Get off me I have to" he bellows throwing a punch to rick.