Chapter 19

Riding in a black truck next to him I play with the fraying ends of my jacket "Those things you said yesterday, did you mean them" I ask looking over at him. Smiling he rubs his gloved hand over his mouth and chin "Yea, I did" he answers. Noticing the familiar buildings I lean forward looking around "We're going to alexandria" I look over anxiety and excitement dancing in my stomach. Chuckling he nods and looks over at me "Can I talk to them" I ask nervously my fingers wringing together.

Not giving me an answer he looks ahead giving a slight whistle as we come closer to the gates. When the truck stops he hops down and holds his hand out for me to take, jumping down I stay by the truck as he goes to the gate. Whistling happily he swings his bat in the air, stopping at the iron bars he holds his bat up "Dun-dun-dun-dun" he says stridently. Banging on the gate I involuntarily flinch "Little pig little pig let me in" he says in a sing song voice. There's a moment of silence before the gate opens and spencer stands there "Well" he says expectantly.

Spencer looks behind him his eyes skipping over me "Uhm, who are you" spencer questions "Oh you better be joking" he says tremulously. Holding his bat up "Negan, Lucille I know I had to make pretty strong first impression" I step away from the truck when I see rick. Walking towards the gate ricks eyes stay on negan "Well hello there" there's a silence and ricks eyes move to me "Do not make me have to ask" negans voice is modulated. Rick looks at the lock and back at negan "You said a week, you're early" Rick walks to the gate and opens it.

"I missed ya and I know my daughter has to" he looks back at me and gives a small nod before turning to the incoming walker "Oh Rick come out here, watch this" he hums. "Calling it" he yells turning around and smashing it's face with the bat, smiling he turns back to rick "Easy peezy lemon squeezey" he laughs. "Alright everybody let's get started, big day" he tells his men, I catch rick looking at daryl my eyes lowering to the ground. "Hey rick you see that, what I just did that is some service" he calls getting ricks attention "We almost get turned away at the gate, who is that guy anyway" he questions pointing at Spencer.

"Do I get mad do I throw a fit do I bash some gingers dome in, nope I just take care of one of these dead pricks that coulda killed one of y'all" he gives a slight bow "Service" he holds up his bat and hands it to rick "Hold this" taking the bat he looks it over. Walking forward I wrap my arms around his shoulders his free hand pulling me closer by my back. Pulling away we follow him into the walls "Hot diggity dog this place is magnificent" he yells. Turning around he has a wide smile on his face "An embarrassment of riches as they say, yes sir I do believe you are gonna have plenty to offer up" negan laughs turning back around.

I watch my father look around my home with greed in his eyes "Daryl hey" I hear rick "No" negan yells walking over to daryl "Nope, he's the help you don't look at him you don't talk to him and I don't make you chop anything off of him" he warns. When negan walks over to rosita I turn to rick "I'm sorry" I mumble. His brows furrow before he moves his hand to my face pushing my hair out of the way, his jaw ticks as he looks at my bruised face. "Di-did he" he stutters "No, absolutely not, I would never touch my child as a matter of fact I burnt the side of my wifes face for her" he interrupts.

Walking forward he whistles "But I figured you'd want to take care of the guy who did do it" he hums. Hearing grunting and yelling I turn around watching a couple of his men drag erin out "This asshole right here tried to kill my daughter just so they could take over" negan kicks erins knee. Stepping beside rick I hold onto his sleeve "What are you gonna do about it rick, think you're man enough to be with my daughter, show me" he steps back the men letting Erin go. Rick looks over the man his jaw flexing "You don't need to" I whisper.