"𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞"- Shiba Hakkai

Hakkai x [fem] reader__________Requested by @Weed_Ninja <3_________"Y/n come on it's the perfect time!" Yuzuha said, shaking you slightly as you avoided her eyes

__________
Requested by @Weed_Ninja <3
_________
"Y/n come on it's the perfect time!" Yuzuha said, shaking you slightly as you avoided her eyes. "There's no way he likes me back!" You protested, whining in the process.

Your friend stopped in her tracks, forcing you to stop as well. "Yuzuha? Why'd you stop-" But you were soon interrupted by her long sigh. "I'm getting you and Hakkai together asap." She said, clearly seeing the determination on her face with a cheeky grin spread across it.

You were shocked by the sudden choice of words, that a deep blush had settled onto your face.
__
"Hakkai come on just do it!" Mitsuya complained, slightly getting irritated. Whilst you and Yuzuha were out, the two boys were in Mitsuya's household taking care of his younger siblings. "But what if she doesn't like me back!" Hakkai argued back, looking down.

The purple haired boy pressed the bridge of his nose and looked over at his friend. "That's it I'm getting you and Y/n together." Mitsuya finished, making Hakkai's face turn a red hue.
__
The warmth of the day spread through your body but clearly not melting the awkwardness that was created in between you and Hakkai.

You both refused to look at each other automatically knowing you'd both explode together. That was until Hakkai decided to break the silence. "So- so Y/n do you want to go that cafe over there? It looks like it sells good cakes ." Hakkai said, pointing towards the display of various cakes.

"Ah! And you like cakes right you ate so many of them last time we were with Yuzuha and Mitsuya you almost finished the entire stock." The boy added, innocently smiling at you. Scrunching your nose at him, you decided to tease him a bit. "So your calling me fat?" You answered back, crossing your arms and refusing to look at him.

"Wha- huh wait no! I didn't mean it like that I promise I'm so sorry Y/n!" Hakkai panicked, putting his hands on your shoulders whilst his eyes had a pleading look. You laughed at his words, "Hakkai come down, I was joking." You finished giggling to which he calmed down.

Suddenly, he gently grabbed your hand and threaded his fingers with yours. "This is what people do on dates right?" The blue haired boy asked, smiling sweetly at you. Returning the smile, you then stepped in front of him guiding you two to the cake across the street.

"Come on! I want to eat all the cakes again!" You said, little hearts in your eyes just remembering the delicious aroma of cake. Hakkai chuckled, following your every step.
__
The mottled bushes rustled as a pair of binoculars was placed in the blonde haired girls hand.

"I can't hear anything they're saying.." she said, trying to get a better hearing range but the noise of the green bushes were very suspicious.

"Just a little closer- oh sorry wait Mitsuya!" The girl slightly screamed seeing a way too familiar face.

"Yuzuha you're here to?" Mitsuya said, making Yuzuha's mouth a little agape. She never thought Mitsuya would ever follow them as well.

As the two sat there Yuzuha soon noticed that you and Hakkai had disappeared into the distance already out of sight.

"Crap! We'll lose them hurry!" She whisper yelled, her eyes rows furrowing as Mitsuya sighed whilst following Yuzuha's secretive directions.
__
"The cake's were so good!" You stated, pressing your hands together in delight as five empty plates were stacked on the table. Hakkai didn't mind as long as he saw you were happy he didn't care. "Y/n you have some cake near your mouth." The boy said, alerting your attention towards his statement.

Unfortunately, you kept on missing the spot which started to irritate you. Hakkai soon noticed the state you were in whilst a idea had popped up in his head, his cheeks going a shade of pink.

You witnessed him leaning dangerously close and kissed the corner of your lips gently, making your freeze at the sudden burst of confidence. Both siting there flushed with red faces.

"I'm sorry Y/n! I shouldn't have done that!" Hakkai quickly yelled, putting the back of his hand in front of his face to hide his face which failed.

"It's ok! We should probably go as well it's getting a bit late." You said, averting your eyes away from him looking up at the clock trying to act natural which didn't work.
__
The cold breeze swept pass through the strands of your hair, stuffing your hands into your pockets taking in the fresh night. A comfortable silence laced in between you two still slightly flustered about the earlier incident that was when Hakkai took this chance to intertwine your hands in his.

Staring deeply in your eyes, you saw a look of determination and a hint of love with his lips slightly pressed together, the scar on his mouth more visible.

"Hakkai what are you-" You tried to speak but was soon interrupted by the tall boy's sudden shout. "Y/n I love you!" Hakkai confessed, his hands tightening around yours whilst puffing out his chest.

Your heart skipped a bit to his words, but soon a happy smile was placed on your face, "I love you!" You answered back euphoria spreading through both of your bodies.

The distance started to close as your faces inched closer and perfectly ended with a sweet kiss in complete bliss.
__
"Well look at that it worked." Mitsuya said, peeking over at the new couple. "I knew he had the guts to confess." Yuzuha stated smiling looking at the success of their plan.
__
In the end all it took was a little courage.