Chapter 16: Ariella

Chapter 16 Ariella

The creaking of the door caused me to look up from the recipe book that I was looking at. Robert appeared after a few seconds with an armful of fabric and walked towards Dimitri and me.

"Well, someone's back early." Dimitri chuckled as he sat up, his black hair sticking up in random spots.

"Aye, Father wanted me to pick up Ariella's things and ask Mrs. Hill if she would make dinner." Robert walked up to me and placed my belongings on my left. "It's all there. The shoes and the dresses."

"Thank you." I blushed. I had completely forgotten about them after spending the day with Dimitri. Not that we did anything completely exciting, but it was interesting.

 Dimitri showed me how to make the tea he had made as well as a few other medicinal things that could help with pain. One of them, a brown-clumpy one, he told me to use only when I really needed it. Dimitri warned me that it was one of the strongest pain-relievers he knew how to make and that it was easy to become obsessed with. I couldn't help but be fascinated that he knew all those different recipes.

"Well, I'll be right back. I'll go talk to Mrs. Hill and see what she says." Robert turned to the door and started to walk out.

"R-Robert?" I called his name, ignoring the fear that curled in my stomach. I knew that nothing was going to happen, but I still couldn't erase the pain. I just had to try, I had to get better and I knew the only way that could happen is if I do the things I'm scared of.

"Hm?" His red hair moved from the force of him turning around and it settled back down as he looked at me.

"A-actually, I was thinking I could make dinner, if that's possible?" My thumbs twirled around each other on their own accord as I was speaking and waited for his answer.

"Well, if you want to, I don't think Father will mind." He grinned at me. "If you'd like, I can help?"

"I'd love that." I smiled softly and stood up. Robert was the only brother that I haven't spent time alone with. When I was with Thomas, he told me about the fountain. Dimitri taught me new things and settled some of the worries. Now it was Robert's turn and I was curious as to what would happen with him.

"Will you be alright out here?" Robert turned to Dimitri.

"I'll be fine, maybe I can take a nap." He laid back down and turned to the couch.

"Lazy." Robert chuckled and we walked into the kitchen, the book under my arm. "So, what are we making?"

"I was thinking the pizza? That or the lasagna." My hands flipped through the pages until I found them both. I placed the book on the counter and flipped back and forth between the two.

"If I may be so bold as to put my opinion in?" Robert stepped up next to me and slipped the book out of my hands. "I'd say the pizza."

"Sounds fun." I took the book back and looked at the ingredients. "So we need water, yeast, flour, oil, and some salt." I turned to him and he nodded.

"The water will have to be gotten from the well below us." Robert told me as he walked over to the pantry and gathered the other things.

"How do you get up here?" I studied the sink and tried to figure out how to get the water come out.

"You need to use your Power to get it from there."

"W-what?" I whipped around and stared at him. My body tensed and my fingernails dug into my skin. I couldn't use my Power, I didn't want to. I wasn't ready.

"Relax." He told me and dumped the things on the counter. "Yesterday Thomas told you about the fountain, the day before and yesterday you were told your Power is a good thing, right?"