Chapter 1- Dystopia

cw: blood (obviously), violence, swearing (excessive at some points)
italic letters = character's thoughts (to avoid any confusion)
TommyInnit was born into poverty and stealing. His parents had perished due to the elusive vampires that roam the streets amongst all of the humans.
Their only defining qualities are their four unnaturally sharp teeth and their orange eyes, plus (if you witnessed it and were lucky enough to survive) enhanced abilities. These are different in each vampire, but most possess super strength and wall climbing abilities along with their best and usually unique super-powerful ability. They can turn anyone into one of them, but mostly don't bother since the people they killed were just food in their warped perspectives.
The two most dangerous vampires in L'Manberg, Tommy's home, are the violent Technoblade, dubbed that for his excessive use of blades to help in draining blood, and The Traitor, named for his manipulative skills which he uses to befriend victims then turn on them and drink their blood, leaving them white and lifeless in alleyways. Each vampire had 450+ recorded kills apiece.
Tommy isn't scared of them, as he assumes he'll never come across them. L'Manberg is huge, what are the odds? Definitely in his favour. (If you get that reference ily)
Nevertheless, he always goes out with a knife in his bag, in case he was attacked.
His only companions are lanky, witty Ranboo and small but fierce Tubbo.
They'd bonded together at the orphanage, all outcasts, Tommy for his prickly outer shell of a personality, Tubbo his height and Ranboo for his one-in-a-million natural split coloured hair. It was black on the left and white on the right.
Tommy thought it was awesome, but the other kids at the orphanage didn't think so.
They'd grown up together, all outcasts and orphans, none of them fit the cookie-cutter expectations of society. One night, they'd packed a bag and escaped the orphanage, then kept travelling and stealing. That was seven years ago, now they are all 17 years old and still going strong. They'd found an abandoned shack which they clumsily fixed up and, over the years, began to think of it as home.
Just three teens, stealing and living together. It wasn't the best life, but they all knew where they fit in in the tight fabric of things.
One night, Tommy decides to go out late so he'd avoid detection when he steals from corporations. Cheap food is hard to get in the slums of L'Manberg, so they'd thieved their way through life.
Tommy informs the other two of his decision. They both approve.
"Just make sure the vampires don't get you, haha," says Ranboo jokily.
"Don't worry, I won't," said Tommy, rolling his eyes.
He sets out to the local grocers and decides to pinch a few apples, which is easy because of the darkness and the fact that the grocer has probably fallen asleep.
He has worse luck at the bakery, though.
Tommy sneaks inside, creeping quietly through the door. Luckily, the baker is fast asleep on the counter, so if he is quiet enough he could get away with the robbery.
In the dark, it was hard to navigate, but he trusts his gut. Well, his gut is wrong.
He reaches out for a bread roll and accidentally makes the whole thing come crashing down, evidently waking the baker.
Bread roll in hand, he sprints out of the place while the baker runs after him, crying out, "Thief! Give that bread back!" Tommy is grateful for his skinny frame since it allows him to run faster and easier, as the baker is a plump and pompous man. He puffs and pants after the blonde teen, muttering a stream of curse words.
Tommy darts back into a dark alley, where he is practically invisible to the naked eye, and feels relief wash over him as he sees the baker's plump figure run past, still muttering a chain of insults. Obviously the man thinks he is still chasing Tommy, which is very funny to the teen. He'd be running and searching all night, just for one bread roll. Fuckin idiot, Tommy thinks to himself, chuckling. Can't wait to show this to Tubs and Ranboo. He stays in the alley for a little while in case the baker comes back.
He is tired and his eyes are beginning to droop...
He is rapidly awakened from his attempt at slumber by footsteps on cobble.
Stay quiet, he thinks to himself. The footsteps get closer and...
Stop.
Right outside the alley.
His breath hitches as he hears no more footsteps but the clanking of roof tiles and pipes. They're climbing. Who ARE they?
He is about to find out as he notices a silhouette drop from the roof.
The blonde shudders and musters all his courage to say, "Who are you, bitch?"
Swearing is his way of gaining confidence over someone. Asserting dominance.
Two orange eyes glow in the pitch black.
Oh no. The odds aren't in my favour at all.
A deep, oddly terrifying voice says, "My name is Technoblade. You probably know me."
"Oh God. Oh fuck." The man with the blades. Actually not man. Monster. Vampire. Not a man at all.
Tommy fumbles in his bag for a torch. Finding it, he focuses its light on the other man.
He sees that Technoblade has long pink hair, a bloodstained white shirt and regal looking trousers. He has a pouch on his side which contain five lethal-looking knives.
Tommy also notices that he has blood at the rims of his mouth. How many times has he fed tonight?
"Ah, ah, ah. Play fair, little guy," Technoblade says patronisingly, snatching the torch from his grasp and focusing it on the blond.
"Damn. You're just skin and bone, really."
Knowing that he's about to die, Tommy decides to YOLO it and do what he does best. Swear.
"Fuck you, stupid pink-ass hair bitch! You don't ever do this in the day because you're such a fucking coward! You've ripped so many damn people from their families, you cunt!"
Technoblade pauses.
"You know what, I have. I don't care. They were delicious. Tell those families they raised them right, because their blood was delectable," he says with an uncaring tone.
"You're one messed up fucko! I hope you die the worst way possible. AGAIN!" Tommy shouts in a sudden adrenaline rush.
Technoblade stays silent for an awkward minute.
"You know what? You seem a pretty promising kid. You'd be good as one of us... showing so much spirit in the face of danger," he says, impressed by Tommy's refusal to give up in the face of imminent death. "And you're at a good and agile age..."
The blonde teen's head is spinning. Him? A vampire? What?!
"N-no," he chokes out, "I'll never be one of you MONSTERS! Fuck you! I'd rather die than be one of you FREAKS!"
"Sadly, it's not your choice in this scenario." Technoblade says, smirking.
Tommy barely has time to register this when the pink haired man runs towards him and the vampire's strong fingers grip his head, cocks it to the side and exposes his neck.
A searing pain fills his body, worse than any beatings or stabbings he'd ever had. He feels his blood being drained and tries to scream but nothing comes out apart from a small quiet gasp.
After what feels like hours, the pink haired vampire stops draining Tommy's blood.
He blacks out before his head hits the floor.
editor's note: I hope you enjoyed this! I'm working on chapter 2 but it may be delayed since I'm going back to school tomorrow ^^
1289 words :D