Mia (6)

Mia POV

This morning I knew I was going to wake up forgetting where I am because of my new room. But I got even more confused when instead of waking up in my bed I woke up in a bed of dried leaves.

My body aches and has a few marks from sleeping on twigs and rocks on the forest ground. I push my self up unto a sitting position with my legs stretched out and my arms supporting me. I have no idea where I am.

I remember sleep walking before around the block of apartments in Washington. My mum started bolting the door so I couldn't get out. One time I did though, and some how I got into an old lady's room below us. She died the next day.

And from remembering that, I fear why I have woken up here. But I push it aside and hope my first week here doesn't involve having anything to do with me.

I get up from the middle of nowhere. In my bare feet, trackys and baggy t-shirt I start walking straight ahead. The suns not completely up so I am guessing its at least before 7:00 o'clock. Luckily this morning is not that cold compared to other snow nights we have had. I probably would have froze to death.

It's quite nice out here. I haven't really been in nature for a while and I missed it. The sound of the trees around me make whispering sounds that I pick up on.

Danger...scratch- back-purpose...decide-protect...return

It is never a clear message I receive from those of my ancestors and the dead. Telling me fragments of information to do with something that can lead to a horrible situation, which includes the most possible ending of death.

I keep walking, analyzing the words in my head. I haven't ever been here one day and I feel the presence of something dark following me like a shadow. That feeling like someone is watching you.

Sooner then later I am in what looks to be a very large oval, that is clearing around the forest. I see on the far side a few bars and exercise equipment. This must be where they train. Around the field are also big tall flood lights that seem to be used when they use the field at night.

I remember then, yesterday, the quick tour I got of the grounds that the clinic is not far from the field. I walk along the edge of it . Hoping if some one did come out they wouldn't see me. I don't even want to know what I look like.

In no time I find the small forest track that leads through the clinic and pack house and follow it to my new residency. On the bottom floor is where there is the hospital area with a dozen beds, and operating room and my mothers office. Upstairs is a little apartment with a kitchen, bathroom(I have to share with my mum), two bedrooms and a lounge area. Its quite nice and practical which I like.

I walk up the stairs to the clinic and open the door to the small waiting room of chairs and a coffee table. I thank the lord there are no sick people today. I drag myself to the door that is across from me, open it and walk up the narrow staircase that leads to my apartment.

Luckily my mum isn't up yet so I just waddle back to my bedroom. I have a couple of boxes that need unpacking because my room is just a basic white desk and a basic double bed with inbuilt cupboards and a nice window that gives me a view of the forest which I like so no one can see in.

I check the time and it's about 7:05 and instead of getting some much needed extra rest I need to start getting ready to leave in 10 minutes. I skip my morning shower with disappointment and hurriedly get on some black leggings a white shirt and a comfy kitted long cardigan. I go to the bathroom.

I jump when I see my self in the mirror. I have fragments of crumpled leaves buried in my hair. I become a monkey, and start plucking as much as possible out before putting my hair in a high bun. Although leaving a lot of stray whips out.

Also on inspecting on my self I see a scratch on the side of my neck. I must have done whilst I was sleep walking last night. I race back to my room and pull out a white scarf and wrap it around my neck so no one notices.

I don't even bother with breakfast but find a note on the kitchen counter.

Mia,

I get to sleep in today! So you can have the car but be back straight after school I need to go shopping for some supplies here.

Enjoy school.

Mum

I grab the car keys on the counter and head out the house, down the stairs through he waiting room and to the parking lot.

—-;-;-;—;-;-;;-;-;—;;-;-;-

I arrive early today at school, I got about 10 minutes before classes so I just head to my locker to sort out my day. I still get some looks out of the few people that are here at this time. I guess that's what happens when you are the new girl.

I am glad today I don't have Modern History because it means I won't have to see Ollie. Today I am trying to avoid him. Not only is he the future Alpha but from yesterday I saw him looking at me through that window. I got this weird vibe from that window. Like I was being talked about or there was something abnormal up there.

So by avoiding Ollie, he wont ask questions. Like Alison Dilaurentis says in Pretty Little Liars ' if you ignore it, it will go away.' I know its mean but no one can know of what I am. My mums old pack freaked out, and I don't think this pack will be any different.

Just as I am indulging in my plan to avoid the helplessly attractive future Alpha, I find my self jumping by the person leaning on the lockers beside me. I was always good at making plans, not executing them.

"Hey..." I say shyly, turning to him and keep my gaze on him for a short while. He wears a coat with basic jeans and a black top. His sandy hair is disheveled and his green eyes carry bags, but not as bad as mine.

I turn back to my locker unpacking my bag with various books.

"Hey" I hear it in his voice, he wants to ask me something and so I ask something else instead.

"So what do you have first period?"

I can see he court of guard for a second but then smiles.

"Maths. Great way to start the day."

Damn. I have math's.

"Do you have Mrs Hardly." I question.

"Yeah, you to." He brightness up. Gosh why am I such a horrible person. Why is he so nice? I know he would act differently around me if he new just how damaged I really am.

"hmm mm" I hum and counting to pile up my books. All of a sudden I feel his finger brushing the back of my neck and I jump once again this morning. That feather like touch sent a new pleasing sensation. And I put my hand on the back of my neck and rub, trying to get rid of the tingles.

" Sorry, just had a leaf in your hair." I turn to see him holding up a yellow crackled leaf. I must have mist a spot this mooring.

"Whoops" I say with a nervous giggle.

"Where you like rolling around in the leaves this morning." He smirks with a tease in his voice. I go a bit flush but laugh it out with a shake of my head.

If you only knew.

"So... since we have the same math's class. I'll meet you after homeroom, so we can walk together yeah? Your in Becca's homeroom right-"

"Ollie" I say like a whisper. I know I should try to be making friends like my mothers main goal for me is. And here is some one actually interested in spending time with me. But after this morning its changed, I know I can't let people in. its for there own good.

"I appreciate you being nice." I say this while looking into his eyes that grow more empty by the second. I say the next bit more strongly " But... you should stay away from me"

And with that I shut my locker turnaround and walk around the corner. I feel his lost gaze on me. I know it's for the best though.

.-..-.-.—.-.-.-..-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-...-

So what do you guys think?COMMENT and VOTE.

LOVEU