Mia(4)

"So..." My mother drags on as she pulls out of the exit from the School. So... it's a good question. I have to think about what didn't happen today. I mean it could have gone worst for once but it didn't. Or maybe that's just a bad thing because everything is going to fall apart. Or maybe I am overthinking this.

"It was fine?" it comes out more like a question then an answer.

"How's your classes? Good teachers? Make any new friends?" She carries on. I find it nice she wants to know, but I am tired and overly anxious and don't want to talk that much.

"Everything went pretty well today. The schools pretty cool. I met some nice people yada yada yada..."

My mum sighs as she continues driving." I guess you're tired, but I hate to tell you that your going to have to pick up the energy when we meet the pack, including the Alpha and his family."

I groan even loader.

"Come one Honey, I hear his son is quite good looking." She coaxes and I whip my head around to her.

"I am not interested mum, secondly even if the Alpha's son was allowed to go out with me, he wouldn't like what he'd find under all this." I say sweeping my hand from my head to toe. The car goes deathly quiet.

"Honey, listen. I don't know what its like being you, and I never will. But don't let it affect the life that I know you want." She says, convincing me as always.

"It affects me everyday mum." I notice my voice rises." Today, in history the teacher passed around a dead mans thing from World War 1. I don't even know what I would have happen if I actually had to touch it."

I can image though, war cries and screams. The feeling of blood, sweat and dirt on me. A soldiers death I would have had to experience it. Pain.

My mother goes silent and I know that is not a good thing. She always has something to say. She is a doctor and she does anything possible for a patient. She has nothing, I feel a lot less hope.

" Your abilities Mia, I know come with a great price... I'm here for you." She whispers the end and I feel bad for my out burst before. She's always been there through everything. Gave up her family and pack life for me because of what I am. I feel guilty and maybe I should try and be normal and enjoy life here. For her ,because I know she wants this more then she is willing to admit to me.

The car goes silent for a while and I look out the window to the trees out side, blurring because of the speed. I reflect back on today. Ollie pops into my head. There's something I can't put my finger on. I feel this urge that I can trust him. I mean today I was opening up about things I rarely talk about, especially to someone I only new for literally like 5 minutes.

I might see him around since he is part of the pack. But I get this doubt that he would much rather hang with wolves, or the model like blonde then the girl who predicts death.

.-..——.-.-.-.-.-.-

It's huge. Calling it a mansion would be on the boarders of wrong, it's more like a castle. It looks like it was built in 1800's or something. Grand looking, dark brown paint with pillars around it and hundreds of gleaming windows.

My mother parks in place near other vehicles on a dirt car park not far from the pack house. Looking around the forest area I notice more littler houses scattered though the trees.

"Home Sweet Home." my mothers say bending over the stirring wheel for a better look at the pack house. Her mouth gapes open. I know I won't be staying in there which is kind of a relief.

We make it out of the car and my mother, who holds my hand walks me to the entrance. It seems to get bigger as we approach it and I find myself holding my breath.