Mia (2)

Mia POV

" Mia get out of the car already!" My mum pesters me as I sit on the front seat of the car. My knees together and I am clutching my bag so tightly that my knuckles go white. I'm kind of terrified of my first day here.

When my mum said we were moving to Poughkeepsie, New York, I thought she had finally lost her mind. She loved Washington so much, especially living in D.C because we were out of reach to so many people. She said she felt safe there and for 10 years we were happy. I was happy and I felt normal and now I am here, clutching my black school bag hoping that the radio will call a snow day or something so I don't have to get out of this car. Even though there's only about enough snow out there to make a couple of snow cones I still hope.

"Mum maybe I don't have to go to school, maybe I can drop out and help you at-" My mother doesn't let me finish.

"Mia you are going to finish high school, and even if it's the only thing you finish then I will be a proud mother." She says. I turn to look at her smirk. Compared to me my mother has chocolate brown hair with grey eyes. At first you wouldn't think we were related but we have similar shaped features

"Mum, please I am not like them, I'm not like you even. They're going to find out about me and think I am some total freak." I whine, desperately hoping that that doesn't happen. I cringe and nearly break down at the thought of it.

"Mia..." my mother says softly, I hear the empathy in her voice and some how it makes me more saddened." They're not going to think that, you're a beautiful young girl, and if they think those things then screw them."

I give a small smile, its all I can muster from the butterflies fluttering about in my stomach making me uncomfortable. I take a couple deep breathes before starting to reach for the door handle.

"I haven't got all day Mia, I got to get things done before we get to the pack this afternoon..." my mum says and I groan angrily before opening the door and leaping out, not forgetting to slam in shut. I turn around and my mother winds down the window.

"Pick you up after school, have a good day... love you honey, " She chirps and I give the best scowl possible as she drives away. I notice her smile as she drives out leaving me in the cold at the front of Bandon High.

I love my mum more then anything, we only have each other. But sometimes I think she finds my discomfort amusing.

In my favorite dark navy boots I head up the small set of concrete steps looking at my new school for the next half year. It's a little run down but not that noticeable from afar . I am grateful I get no eerie vibe from this place as I walk through the double glass doors.

I walk into a large corridor with matte blue flooring and lining the walls all the way down are white floor length lockers. People walk up down, some by there lockers fetching there books or gangs of people hanging about laughing. I realize I have no idea where to go.

I walk in a little funny on my feet and see a group of girls laughing on the right side of the corridor where one has there locker open applying mascara and watching her reflection in her small mirror.

I walk over nervously, I am taller then most females but these girls are giant in there pumps and wedges towering over everyone like goddesses.

"Ah excuse me?" I say, there conversation goes quiet and they literally look down at me. They all give me the sweep of there eyes, head to toe before the look back at my face. The one applying mascara freezes mid stroke.

"Yes." One of them says, trying to sound nice but it comes off more sleigh then friendly. This leggy blond with waves of hair and blazing blue eyes that answers me looks like the supreme in charge. She wears a tight black skirt with a baggy white long sleeve shirt. She looks model like but I have no idea how she is not freezing to death.