Oliver (43)

Oliver POV

Mia hasn't said one word yet. It was less then half an hour ago everyone from our pack had gathered their bags and left. Nothing else was said from any one.

In our car Trent offered to drive the first half, as he made me see I was in no state to drive. Mentally or physically. I've had spaffs with my cousin before, but this one felt more then a simple disagreement. I would never regret stepping in when I did for my mate. But I just wish I could make Tristan and my uncle understand that Mia is no different then the rest of us. Even if she is a banshee.

I crane my neck back as I sit in the passenger seat. I see Cassy and Becca are quietly chatting which is good to see, but Mia sits by herself. A sketch book is open in her lap, and she sees very focused on what ever drawing she is working on. Although her face looks incredibly broken.

When we pull up at a gas station, the girls and Trent bound out to get snacks and Mia doesn't seem to notice them even leaving. I sigh getting out of the car and walk around to the opposite door from her and get in. I slide in until I am beside her. That's when her pencil stroke falls short.

I can now see what she had been drawing. A man with huge black wings.

"I never knew you could draw." I say quietly.

She shrugs." I'm full of surprises I guess." She whispers sadly, the pencil going back to sketching, lining the curve of his wing.

I put on a playful smile." Could you draw me?" I ask, hoping to lighten the mood.

A receive another lazy shrug.

"I could be your nude model." I tease and I could see her fighting a smile... and a blush. But she wins, as her eyes drift back down to the picture, any trace of a smile vanishing.

" I shouldn't have come, I'm the reason... well... why everyone fought." She says, not looking up at me.

My body tenses at her statement." No your not, their the ones with the problem Mia. You did nothing wrong."

" I screamed and blew up the back garden with glass and smashed a photo frame of Tristan's dead mother." She says flatly.

"Well maybe they should cut back on the glass in that house." I smirk, but only receive a halfhearted snort of laughter from Mia.

I sigh again, wrapping my arm around her shoulders and bringing her to my chest. She doesn't protest as I plant a kiss on her head, before angling my mouth to her ear." You did nothing wrong..."

And I knew she didn't. She can't help what happened. And obviously not everything in that pack house was open to the truth. I could see why Tristan got angry, but he had no right to react the way he did to Mia early today. Especially as he knew what she means to me.

The others come bounding back, and before I know it they're opening the back door.

"-What?" Cassy and Becca look confused, as I have taken up one of their seats. Not wanting to leave Mia's side right now I give them pleading eyes. Cassy rolls her eyes before a mischievous smile forms. She beckons to Becca to the front of the car. I am confused when Cassy gets in the drivers seat and my sister shot gun.

They lock their doors and Trent soon comes out of the store and pulls on the handle but can't get in. There's an argument between them which goes on too long, with vulgar gestures. Trent finally growls and gets in the back next to me. He softens a bit when he sees me with Mia but grumbles at his cramped seating.

"Would you stop digging your knees in my seat." Cassy winces as she wiggles around up front, putting the car into gear.

"I cant' help it" He fights back, seething in silence.

My attention goes back to Mia as they argue. She had slipped on sunglasses and was now looking out towards the window. Yet the shades couldn't hide the tears dribbling down her cheeks. The drops hit the paper on her sketchbook, staining it. I carefully close the book and hold her closer.

.-.-.-.-.-.-...-.------.-

A missive bang on the window wakes me. I groggily start to take in my surroundings and wince as my left arm has gone to sleep. The reason for that is because Mia is curled up around it, lying against it.

I look up at Trent peering into the car. He smirks with a laugh and walks towards the back of the car. The day was fading, and the sunset cast an eerie glow over the pack house in the distance.

Mia stirs beside me and I pull my arm back with a stretch to try and get it circulating again. She fell asleep with her sunglasses on, and now she peels them off. Her puffy eyes blink in the light as she surveys where we are.

"Home sweet home." I say, cracking my back that feels tense from sitting so long.

" Can I stay with you tonight?" Mia asks, rubbing her eyes and yawning.

I smile understandingly. I had thought she would want to talk things through with her mom, but I wouldn't push her. Mia will sort things out when she's ready.

"Yeah sure, I don't think Cassy would mind if you stayed in her-"

"No I mean..." Mia cuts in, tucking her hair behind her ears, seeming very self conscious all of a sudden." If I stayed with you... in your room."

The question takes me off guard for a second. After I lost control on a full moon I didn't think Mia would want to stay over in my bedroom. I had shown her a side I didn't want her to ever witnesses of me losing control.

My long pause must have given her the wrong idea." Its fine if you don't want me to-"

"No Mia... its just... are you sure?" I ask, my eyes holding her gaze.

She bites her lip, holding in her breathe taking smile." Yes, I wouldn't have asked other wise. I...I trust you Ollie."

She giggles at what I am guessing is my dumbfounded expression on my face. One of shock. She reaches up and cups the back of my neck, lowering my mouth to hers in a kiss. I don't sink right into the moment from fear of someone seeing us, but nevertheless it never gets old.

She pulls away, her cheeks full of color." So... is it okay?"

"Yeah... um, I just might have to sneak you in, with my parents and everyone-"

"That's fine, I get it..." she laughs with understanding. But the sparkle in her eyes dies down as she looked down to the notebook on her lap still. She then gets out her phone and sees the time." My mom should still be doing her rounds, I'll just go back home and get some cleaner clothes, the rest of my stuffs in my overnight bag."

I nod, contemplating on whether or not I should say something on the subject of her mother. Maybe I should tell her to stay home, but I don't think it would do any good. But if someone told her mom what happened I think Amanda would want to see her daughter after the ordeal. But I believed after a nights rest, I'll talk to Mia about it.

"I'll carry your bag up." I say instead of what's on my mind, she smiles and opens the door. I get out also, and with her sketch bock in one hand with the other she waves goodbye.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Another chapter, sorry for delay. I hope your enjoying the story. Next chapter will be a lot bigger.

Please Comment and Vote, pretty pretty please.

Hope to update soon.

Love U.