Mia (42) Part 1

Mia POV

It was another time in my life were I woke up completely disorientated to where I was. It was dark, but my eyes adjusted to blue curtains surrounding me. I couldn't possibly be at the hospital again, and the medical clinic at home had green curtains...

My mind starts to gather the pieces of information from before I blacked out. I was outside... with Imogen... we were talking, smiling.... There was ice tea... The scars on her arm. All of a sudden I physically flinch as I see the winged man swoop me, I felt the pain of her wrist being cut open by claws or talons.

I rub my wrist as if the pain was real. From what I gathered that memory was the day Crone pack was invaded by hunters. The reason in which my mum gained a position at our pack. I had never seen a creature or supernatural being like that before.

The quite sets my nerves on edge so I gather strength and shuffle off the bed. When standing I slowly peel back the curtain only to reveal a darkened room, the medical clinic. All beds where empty down the long open room to the right. I was stationed on the far end. I see light admitting around the corner from what I am assuming is another long row of beds. Feeling venerable and uncertain in this new environment I decided to not follow the light, and walk along the wall to find an exit.

In the center I find a large swinging door, the glass window above it saying 'EXIT'. Once opened it leads me to a dark hallway, the first few steps I take are cautious but I end up tripping onto a carpeted set of steps leading up. I hiss at my newly carpet burned elbows and walk up the stairs. Once on a landing I see a door ahead, the outlining having light leaking through.

My eyes shut from the bright light of a hallway of the pack house. Completely lost I decide to take a right, before reaching an intersection. I sigh in frustration. This is going to be a long night.

I decide to go right again and jump when a woman approach's on my left.

I pluck up the courage and raise a hand." Um excuse me.... " My voice fades out as my question let alone my presence doesn't catch her attention. She's quite slim, her dark hair hanging of her head limply. Her night gown seeming old fashion from this day and age. She walks right past me, and for some strange reason I follow.

I follow her past the previous intersection, until the walls start lining with doors, accommodation for the pack behind them. Come to think of it I don't even know where I was staying tonight, I forgot.

I walk as quite as possible behind her, finally we reach a more modern, re-vamped part of the building. The white walls seem less heavy under LED lights as she stops at the corner of a hallway, a door way to her right.

I halt to, scared she is going to turn around to find me following her. But she doesn't, she just stands there if waiting for something. In the slightest her head turns as if to look back before I feared my eyes deceive me.

She walks through the wall.

My eyes widen, my mouth going dry, as my jaw had dropped. I stand there probably for a minute, waiting for a sign I had seen something. Walking up to the wall I see no difference to the others.

I run a single finger down it, a chill coating my body. The air dropping temperature.

A low hum comes from the wall and I slowly press my ear to it. I seal my eyes shut contracting on the noise that sounds uneven in pitch as if a murmuring or whisper.

"Help them."

I gasp, the feminine whisper sending me flailing to the side to get away. However I bolt through the door way to my left and stumble into the familiar dining room for the pack. All tables are empty expect one where two figures sit together, hands intertwined.