Oliver (21) Part 1

Oliver POV

I haven't see Mia since she bolted out of the cafeteria. She was supposed to be in Modern History but it turns out she left school, claiming to feel unwell.

'Don't go tomorrow'

I know what the real meaning behind it is. I guess like Mia is, I am fearing the worst for Zeke. But I know there is no way in talking him out of it. He didn't get the best first impression of Mia. And the only way to explain it would be to uncover Mia as banshee. I am not allowed to do that, nor do I want to.

It's the last period of the day and still no sign of Mia. Cassy told me she was at home room. I think she is avoiding everyone when she gets the chance. I don't blame her.

The bell goes to inform it's the end of the day. I get up from my seat in English and I head to my locker for my bag. The corridors are buzzing and everyone is trying to get out of school either to catch the bus, or just get out because its school. I hear some people buzzing about the scavenger hunt tonight. I was excited but now I am dreading for what Mia has said yesterday.

By the time I make it to my locker all the hustle and bustle has disappeared and I grab my books and notes for homework I won't be doing tonight. When I finally shut my locker door I jump in the slightest when Mia is standing beside my locker, looking straight at me. I see the concern in her eyes.

I look up and down the corridors where it is now empty and grab Mia's hand and lead her to the janitors closet down the end of the corridor.

Once where in and I made sure to lock the door this time, and I turn back to a very nervous looking Mia. Her eyes seem to have trouble focusing; as well I am guessing her thoughts.

"Mia, have you heard anything else, seen anything else-" I am cut off short when Mia cuts in.

"What do you think it means." She gets out in a hurry, and she counties to ramble nervously." I mean we both know what it means, of course we do, but what if by saying it, something is going to happen tonight, to Zeke, or what it I am doing something wrong right now by talking about it, what if this-"

I literally cover Mia's mouth and her eyes widen of terror for a second and I slowly remove my hand. "Just breathe for a second okay."

I see Mia try to relax by rolling her shoulder, rubbing her arms and taking in some calming breathes, but she still seems flustered." The future changes Ollie, and what if by knowing it makes it the same dreadful outcome... or worse."

I let out a sigh, becoming a little overwhelmed by the information to. At this moment the future seems it is riding on us, and a friend's fate as well." Or it could make a better outcome. Look Mia I have no idea what to do, I don't like playing with fate."

"Me either..." She whispers. Then she looks up at me." I never had that happen to me before, what I said yesterday wasn't coming from me."

I furrow my eyebrows at her words, not understanding her clearly." Did you hear it, feel something?" I offer, out of my element with banshee knowledge.

She shakes her head." I have no idea." Then she laughs a bitter disbelieving laugh, "you going to think I am crazier by saying this, it almost felt like I was...possessed."

I tilt my head to the side, recalling the event from yesterday." To be honest Mia, it didn't seem like those words were coming from you." When Mia said what she said yesterday, it was so out of the blue, that she seemed court off guard herself.

She nods , with a hint of a sad smile." So what am I going to do?"

"We" I remind her, focusing my gaze on hers." We are in this together from now on Mia."