Mia (16)

Mia POV

1 Dead Body

1 Near death

I kind of regret telling Ollie about the body that was found last night. I just assumed that being the Alphas son, he would know these things. But what is even stranger and alarming is that all of this is being kept a secret in the first place.

Wolfsbane couldn't have been used by werewolves. Its to risky for them. And who in the pack would want to kill one another.

Its Lunch time at School now. I hadn't really seen anyone today, besides Ollie.

When I get to the cafeteria everyone is already sitting there, smiling and laughing. It some how lifts my mood even a fraction to see them like that, to see Ollie smiling for once.

I walk over, I am not hungry today so I just hold my blue water bottle in hand as I approach. Cassy spots me first.

"Where have you been?" Cassy smirks and I sit down beside Ollie who gives me a reassuring smile I return one, although mine is more nervous.

"I had a couple of frees this morning." I reply.

"No where were you last night, didn't you hear the scream?" she says eating out of her lunch bag. I notice now the other conversations have stopped on the table to hear my answer. I might have got a bit flush and my voice was shaky.

"I um must have slept through it?" it comes out more like a question then an answer and Cassy furrows her eyebrows and tilts her head to the side. Crap, she doesn't believe me.

"How could you have slept through it, it woke up all of the pack?" Trent weighs in and I don't know what to say.

"She's doesn't have super hearing like us, she wouldn't of heard it." Ollie defends. and I breathe a sigh of relief. I feel a hand slip into mine as it hangs lose by my side under the table.

I look up to Ollie who has a small smile on his face, his eyes slightly tilted to look at me as he knots our fingers together and runs his thumb over my knuckles.

"True, but still..." Cassy drags on and I hold on to Ollie's hand tighter with out realizing it.

"What can I say , I'm a pretty heavy sleeper..." I chuckle nervously. Cassy just shakes her head about to ask more questions when I see her look between Ollie and me. A sleigh smirk comes upon her lips and I think I get more embarrassed about what she is thinking in her head then what actually happened last night.

"Whatever, your lucky, we were up for hours wondering what the hell was going on." Cassy informs me.  She keeps talking but all I can really focus on is the tight, but comforting hold Ollie has on my hand under the table. It brings warmth to me, reassurance but I also feel a feeling I haven't felt in a long time... like I belong.

.—-.-.-..—..—.-.-.-..-

Today at school its kind of pointless because I have like two classes and then I get to leave early.  Mum luckily let me borrow the car today. My pity face works every time.