Oliver (35)

Oliver POV

Grief weighs you down. I haven't felt like this in a long time. Lazy and not wanting to do anything with myself.

Addie's passing as got to me. Even though I barley saw him, just knowing he was there comforted me, and now he is gone, and I can't confide in him anymore.

After paying no attention in my classes I head for the cafeteria for lunch. I walk with Becca who is also taking Addie's death pretty hard. We share fond memories of our grandfather and it's hard that he isn't with us any longer.

I sit down at our usual table; everything goes silent on our table when we sit down. Everyone wears the face of sympathy, which I guess they couldn't help, but one person is glaring at me like she wants her eyes to burn holes in my head.

I meet Cassy's piercing gaze, my emotions being everywhere I find myself getting angry. "What?!" I spit harshly, annoyance crawling on my skin causing me to lash out.

She just shakes her head at me. 'Notice your mate missing'. Cassy mind links me so no one else can hear our conversation.

At the mention of her the annoyances grows stronger, I don't want to think about Mia right now. 'I don't want to talk about her'. I mind link back, in a warning tone.

Cassy tilts her head to the side, the raise of her eyebrows is a mocking gesture.' Well it seems everyone else wants to.'

This captures my attention about to ask her what she is talking about she says out loud." Listen."

I glare at her before I let my hearing run freely through the loud and bantering cafeteria.

" Did you hear the rumors about that girl, Mia?"

"She was acting like she belonged in a straight jacket when they found her near Addie's body."

" Apparently there was a black panther shifter there."

"Yeah, but someone told me there was hallucinogenics in people's drinks that night so it could have just been there imagination. No actual evidence that the thing was in our territory."

" People say that girl Mia isn't a werewolf, but some other powerful shifter."

" I know, Michael told me when they found the Alpha's father's body she had blood on her hands, literally."

" Someone said she must have lost control and killed him."

My head whips to the source of who ever said that and I find in to be Finn, he is training to be a warrior. Our eyes meet and I see him bow his head and look away while the rest of that table grows quiet. I slowly turn my head back to the group; I slightly lift my gaze from the table to see Casey's face showing mixed emotions, sad, angry and hurt.

Not wanting to hear anymore and I stand up from my seat and start heading out of the cafeteria. I hear Becca calling out my name but I ignore her as I make it out into the empty corridors.

I am walking, just walking and thinking. Yes, Mia hurt me by not coming to the funeral. Yes, I feel terrible because I am mad at her because some deranged part of me thinks she could have foreseen Addie's death and stopped it, even though I know she can't control that. But...

No one deserves to be excused with those things, especially not Mia. My Mia.

And when I end up at the janitor's closet, I sigh as I rest my forehead on the door and focus my hearing. The sound of muffled sniffs comes from inside and I take another breath when I open the door.