Oliver (41)

Oliver's POV

I wiped the sweat of my forehead as I ran to catch the ball. But managed to get tackled by my cousin in the processes.

He seemed overly smug about.

"Opps, sorry didn't see you there." He jokes and I scowl at him.

"Yeah right." I shoved him a bit and he chuckled.

"What its part of-" Tristan abruptly stops and his head shoots to the direction of Imogen and Mia. I had kept an eye on them and they looked like they were enjoying talking. However this time there weren't.

Imogen had abruptly stood, knocking her chair back as she was being held by the wrist in a death grip by Mia.

My mate looked inhuman, with her head thrown back to the sky, her eyes wide and now a gray color. Her mouth open and gagging if she was struggling for breathe.

My imitate action was to run up to her but she screamed. A banshee's scream.

My hands with out choice went straight to my ears. I watched how the glasses on the table combusted instantaneously as if shot, the shards of shattered glass spraying everywhere. The jugs went next, and then the glass paneling doors to the pack house looked liked they were vibrating, before they cracked in several places.

When it stopped my ears were still ringing, but I forced one foot in front of the other to get to Mia.

Tristan got there first, his feet crunching on glass over the deck to get to Imogen. She looked dazed, her ears bleeding. Small pieces of glass had cut her everywhere, some stuck in her cheek. Tristan was holding her up right, looking terrified, especially when he looked down to my mate.

Mia had collapsed off the chair, fainted and fallen on the glass scattered on the wooden deck. As gently as possible, I picked her up, wincing as I see the little cuts grazing her arm and forehead from when she fell. Her head flops onto my chest as I walk off the deck and to the grass area.

Cassy and Trent, after there mild shock come join me as I lay Mia down, cradling her head in my hand.

"Mia." I whisper, giving her shoulder a slight shake.

"She's out cold." Trent observes, and I can't help but give him a deathly stare for stating the obvious. However my eyes soften when I take in Cassy, her face full on concern.

"Ollie." Cassy whispers." What was that?"

I remembered then that they had never witnessed in person Mia's power. But I am just as confused as her, as I had never seen her scream on that level before. My main question is why?

"What the hell is going on!" My Uncles booms, angry and puzzled as he walks though the cracked window paneling to the deck. His eyes grow wide as he takes in the glass shards scattered everywhere.

My father walks about behind him, not looking as confused but concerned as he scans the area. His eyes land on us.

With out another word my father walks to us as my Uncle Peter inspects Tristan and Imogen. My uncle's temper was running thin.

"What happened?" My father asks, taking in Mia still unconscious on the grass. Cassy and me kneel next to her.

"We don't know, she just grabbed Imogen and she screamed." I explain.

If my father was going to speak again I wouldn't know, because my Uncle comes bounding to us.

"Desman, you better start explaining this." He gestures behind him, to the deck and Tristan trying to console a shaken Imogen.