20.) "Why did I wake up alone"

Emma's POV

It has been two weeks since we came home. Everyone is doing great. We have all adjusted to having two newborns in the house. 

I get out of bed and walk to the closet to get dressed.

I put my hair into a messy bun and walked downstairs. I wasn't surprised to see the kitchen empty. It is four in the morning no one in their right mind would be up at this time. I am up because it is my only chance to get some time alone. With the twins here I spend every waking second with them. Not that I am complaining, I love them both so much. Livi is a great big sister, she helps me with them when Sandro is working.

I fixed a cup of coffee and walked to the back patio. I sat down and watched the sun rise. I enjoyed the peace. 

I was brought back to reality when I hear one of the twins crying. I sit my mug down and walk upstairs and to their room. I see Abby laying in her bed crying. I pick her up and sit down in the rocking chair. I rocked her until she was fast asleep. 

I got up about ten times last night to come check on them. Sandro got up about seven times. It is like they never sleep. 

I sat her back in bed and walked back down to the patio. I seen Maggie sitting outside with a mug in her hand. "Hey" I said taking my seat and picking up my mug. "Hey" she said smiling over at me. 

"Why are you up this early" I ask her. "Same reason you are, I need a minute to myself." she said winking at me. I chuckled and took a sip of my coffee.

We sat there enjoys the peace and quiet. After and hour of sitting there I stood up and walked to the kitchen. I washed my mug and put it back into the cabinet. 

I felt strong arms wrap around me. I turned around and seen Sandro standing there. "Why did I wake up alone" he asked peering down at me. "I woke up early" I told him. "Why" he asked. 

"I needed some alone time." I told him grabbing his face and kissing his lips. He gave me a small smile and unwrapped his arms from around me. He sat at the counter and I walked over and stood beside him.

"The kids awake" I asked running my fingers through his hair. He shook his head and lay his head down on the counter. "You good" I asked. He sat up and leaned on his hand. "I love you" he said. I smiled widely and wrapped my arms around him. "I love you too" I said. 

"I am so happy we are growing a family" he said into my neck. I smiled and squeezed tighter. 

I released him when I heard the twins begin crying. I walked up stairs and into their room. They were both sitting up crying. I picked up Abby and sat down rocking her. Sandro picked up Ace and sat in the other chair rocking him. 

I smiled at Sandro and he smiled back. Livi walked in and looked between us. "They cry a lot" she said. I chuckled and nodded my head. She walked over to me and kissed Abby's head. She did the same to Ace and then stood beside Sandro admiring her baby brother.