Ph2 Ch13: The Trial of The Fool

As more and more gladiators were dropped into the arena, Seven and the Grimmchild fought with everything they had. Seven used his nail arts to make quick work of his opponents, and bugs that were airborne, he left for the Grimmchild to take care of. One by one, a new gladiator entered the arena, each one with a different style of fighting.

A new set of gladiators entered, each one holding large shuriken in their hands. They hurled the large weapons into the air, and they came raining down onto Seven and his partner. Seven got close to deliver a good hit with his nail, but the gladiator parried with its shuriken. Seven bounced back, his mind going into overtime, trying to come up with a new plan.

The Grimmchild seemed to be doing fine. All it had to do was shoot its fireballs at the opponent from a long distance, and it was golden. That gave Seven an idea. If he didn't have a long range weapon of his own, he could use his opponents weapon against them! Once the gladiator threw its next shuriken, Seven hit it back with his nail. The shuriken flew right into the gladiator, in a glorious success. With a few repeats of the new tactic, Seven's opponent was down.

With both new gladiators defeated, four new cages came up, raised in the air. A four eyed wasp creature came out from each cage, and surrounded Seven and his friend. At first, Seven thought that he could let the Grimmchild handle this round, but once the bugs spit out several liquid darts from their stingers, he knew he had to jump in. The Grimmchild tried its best to fight back against all four deadly wasps, but even it realized that it needed the help of its bearer.

With both of them understanding each other, they divided and conquered the aspids, drawing their attention to one of them, and the other one attacking. With the aspids attention being constantly switched, they fell victim to the duo's strategy. More cages came up into the air, and winged gladiators emerged. They hovered above both of them, then flew closer to swing their blades at both of the meddling fools that were Seven and the Grimmchild.

Seven figured he could take on the winged fools with enough time and maneuverability, but suddenly, the ground below him began to shake. A platform came up from the ground, and thinking fast, Seven jumped onto it. He looked back at the floor below him, and saw it filled up with loads of spikes. With his ground limited, and the enemies in the air, he had to come up with a new plan to fight the gladiators before him.

Completely unaware of his surroundings, one of the winged foes came down, and swiped its blade at him. Seven jumped up, and swung down at the enemy's head. An idea came to mind as the next gladiator swooped around. It swung its blade, but Seven jumped up towards the gladiators head, and struck it with his nail. He bounced back into the air from the reaction, and he continued to swing down at the gladiator with his nail.

The winged fool fell, and the second one fell soon after. More cages came up from the ground, this time with the appearance of mosquitoes. They each flung themselves toward Seven and the Grimmchild, but they juked them out, sending them right into the spikes below. The platform Seven was standing on started to shake, then folded up and went straight into the ground. Seven expected to land on a floor of spikes, but the spikes shrank back into the ground as well.

Unfortunately, the walls of the Colosseum closed in, limiting the space of the arena. A large cage came up above them, and one of the large, hopping bugs burst out. Oh come on! Seven thought. He evaded the hoppers stomps, and delivered quick strikes when he could. The Grimmchild assisted with a barrage of fire, and in no time, the hopper was defeated.

More cages came up, and large bugs with terrifying mouths on their heads came out. They spit acidic orange goo from their mouths, sending Seven into a state of panic. He charged up the cyclone slash, and struck each bug multiple times. When they fell, Seven felt relieved, but that feeling didn't last long. Another huge cage came up above them, and a larger version of the mouthed bugs jumped out.

The bug gave out a roar, and started spitting orange goo into the air. Whenever Seven got close, the bug would swipe back with its blade like limbs. It jumped into the air, crashing down onto the floor, then back to the place it stood before. The Grimmchild landed several fireballs, but those clearly weren't enough to take down the beast. Seven used the great slash, striking the beast with everything he had. In response, the bug spit a wave of orange goo into the air. The Grimmchild dragged Seven over to a safe spot, then quickly away from the limbs of the brooding Mawlek.

"Thanks friend," Seven said, getting his head back in the game.

He used the great slash again, and this time, the beast fell to the ground, defeated. The crowd cheered at the victory of the two, but the challenge wasn't over yet. As the floor was filled with spikes, Seven was forced to the walls of the Colosseum, climbing as high as he could. Airborne enemies emerged from their cages, and attacked the climbing opponent before them.

Remembering how he defeated the last set of winged foes, Seven jumped off the walls, and struck the enemies from above. He was repelled into the air as his weapon made contact with the shells of the bugs, and made it back to the Colosseum walls. The roof of the Colosseum lowered, forcing Seven to move towards the spikes below, and a single foe awaited him. Luckily, the Grimmchild was tired of doing the little work, and managed to take out the enemy itself.

Platforms came up from the ground as the walls expanded, and Seven jumped onto solid ground. A barrage of gladiators and bugs were thrown at him and his friend, and chaos broke out. Seven used the cyclone slash to get rit of as many enemies as possible, while the Grimmchild took care of the rest. The platforms sunk back into the ground along with the spikes, and Seven noticed a change. There were fewer gladiators being sent against them. The Colosseum was running out of things to throw at them!

Feeling confident once again, Seven finished off the last of the gladiators along with the Grimmchild. The crowd cheered for the both of them as they stood in the arena, with no one left to challenge them.

"No fair!" A voice yelled out from the crowd. "There's two of them! The Trial is made for only one warrior!" It complained.

Its complaint reached the rest of the Colosseum, and soon multiple voices were booing the duo.

"Then let me even it out!" A large, fierce voice called out from behind a locked door.

____________________________________________________________

Oooo, cliffhanger!

Would you all believe me when I said I am the most productive on a school day? I don't know if it's procrastination or the fact that I'm used to doing work on a school day, but I am way more productive than on a weekend!

Whatever, I get to write these stories for you all, do it doesn't matter.

See you all next chapter ; )