Chapter 47

"Wow!" Mia exclaimed in great appreciation as she saw the breath-taking scenery around them. They were on a strategic part of the mountain, and from where she was standing at, she could see a 360 degree view of the vast lowlands and valleys below.

First time niyang makakita nang ganoon kagandang tanawin. The view in Jasmin Mountain Resort was already breath-taking. But the one that her eyes were feasting right now was simply indescribable! Walang katapusang mountain slopes na lubos na kahanga-hanga! The view that she was enjoying right now was simply a proof that God was such a mighty Creator. His creations were majestic and divine. She breathed the fresh, cold air. It refreshed her soul. Ang lamig sa mata nang luntiang tanawin. Maraming mga ligaw na bulaklak sa paligid na lalong nakadagdag sa ibat-ibang kulay na bumati sa kanyang paningin. He felt Micheal's hand wrap around her waist. He was standing behind her, and he embraced her from the back. Naramdaman niya ang paglapat ng dibdib nito sa kanyang likod.

"Ang ganda rito, Micheal!" Nilingon niya ang asawa. She saw a proud smile on his lips.

"I told you so..." anito as he looked at her face. "This has been my sanctuary for years, hon. Dito ako nagpapalipas ng mga oras lalo na sa mga panahon ng kalungkutan. When my mother died, I spent a night here." His voice was laced with sadness when he spoke. Humigpit ang pagkakayakap nito sa kanya nang dumaan ang malamig na hangin.

She understood his melancholy. She had that feeling, too, when she lost Gilda. Losing a loved one was heartbreaking. It was like a part of her had died, too, when Gilda passed away. Gusto niyang harapin si Micheal at pawiin ang lungkot nito, ngunit mahigpit siya nitong yakap at hindi siya makapihit paharap dito. Instead she felt his lips on her neck, planting soft kisses there. Napapikit na lamang siya. His lips were moist and warm. At sa bawat pagdampi ng mga labi nito sa kanyang leeg, bolta-boltaheng kuryente ang dulot niyon sa kanyang sistema.

"Thanks for sharing this place to me, Micheal," she said, suddenly breathless. His soft kisses started to light flames all over her, and burned her skin.

He pivoted her body so she could face him. His dark eyes were hooding when their stares clashed. He clasped his hands around her waist, securing her. "You should learn how to call me honey from now on, Mia," he passionately whispered. A dark smoke of passion intensified the darkness of his eyes. She swallowed hard as her heart dribbled in anticipation inside her chest. He pulled her against his body, and once again, she was imprisoned in his powerful arms. But she was a willing prisoner. She answered him with a wry smile and wrapped her arms around his neck. They were so close that no air could penetrate between their bodies.

"Honey?" she whispered sexily. Isang pilyang ngiti ang gumuhit sa kanyang mga labi. "Do't you like sweetheart instead?" she teased.

Well, endearments weren't her thing. Sanay siyang tawagin ang mga tao sa pangalan ng mga ito. But Micheal was already her husband. And for a short span of time, he had been a significant person in her life. She had experienced things she had never experienced before with him. Her life became exciting when she met him. Though they really had a rough start, it was part of the bargain. It just made things more interesting. Micheal gave a new meaning to her life. Now, she couldn't imagine a life without him.

He gave a humorous chuckle. "Okay, if that's what you want, I won't mind, then. I can live with that..."

Natawa na rin siya sa sagot nito. He was laughing so merrily that it was contagious. He was still holding her, and she was clinging to him. Their chests vibrated as they continued laughing. When their laughters subsided, Micheal gave her a tight embrace. Pagkatapos ay tinitigan siya nito nang matagal na para bang inaarok ang kanyang kalooban.

For a moment, they just stared at each other. But he broke the silence. "Puwede bang magtanong, Mia?"

She nodded her head, lips curved in a smile. "Of course!"

Mas lalong naging matiim ang titig nito sa kanya. Ang isang kamay nito ay humaplos sa kanyang pisngi. "Are you happy with me?" he asked softly. His voice faltered, and for a moment he seemed as if he lost confidence.

Her faint smile completely broke into a wide grin. What he asked her was not hard to answer. "If I'm not happy with you, Micheal, you will not be seeing this kind of happiness on my face right now. I've never been happier in my life until I met my mother... until I met you..." It was an honest answer. That was what she felt. Having Jasmin and Micheal in her life meant completeness and happiness. It was a blessing that she was thankful to receive.

Kaagad na nagliwanag ang pagmumukha ng asawa. The shadow of insecurity that momentarily clouded his face disappeared. He beamed a radiant smile, quite pleased by what she said. "Very well said, hon. Just as I expected."

"Ay, ang yabang naman nito..." She made a fake disgruntled groan. "What if bawiin ko na lang kaya ang sagot ko, ha?"

Muling natawa si Micheal. "Wala nang bawian. Nasabi mo na. Narinig ko na. And it has been recorded in my brain already. Plus, there's also a backup in case it might be wiped out for some reasons. So there's no way that I will forget it. It's been said and done." He winked at her. Pilyo ang naglalarong ngiti sa mga labi nito.

"Well, I plead amnesia--" Her other words were crushed inside her mouth as his head bent down to hers, and he gave her a searing kiss. The kiss was hard and quick, but it left her breathless.

"Uh, huh..." he rasped. "My kiss is the best cure for amnesia, hon. You'll never escape me. If ever, for any reasons that you'll lose your memory, I'll just kiss you to bring back our memories together." And he claimed her mouth once more.

Wala na siyang nagawa kundi tugunin na lamang ang halik ng kabiyak. Well, she doubted if she could ever forget this man. Kahit pa siguro magkaroon siya ng amnesia.