🌞Chapter 35🌻

🌞🌻

After the night they had their first kiss, Mew and Gulf's relationship totally changed. When Art had showed up, Gulf had been full of confusion and hesitation, but now, he could smile again. He was so sincere and carefree it was almost tiring.

Mew had no idea he would have gotten so much pleasure from just one kiss.

He found himself becoming addicted to Gulf. He thought Gulf was so adorable, so precious.

So when they were together, he touched him and kissed him.

Gulf was shy at first, but eventually, he got used to Mew's sudden kisses, and, as he did, his face shone brightly.

Soon it would be Golden Week, a holiday celebrated nationwide.

Gulf was going to use his vacation to go home, and Mew decided to accompany him. If he stayed home, Art would just bother him, anyway. Also, he wanted to visit his uncle's grave. As Mew suggested that, Gulf said excitedly, "If it's okay with you, why don't you stay at my house?" When Mew told him he had planned to stay at his uncle's house, Gulf looked as disappointed as a child.

But at least he would still be nearby. Mew suggested that they go around together, and Gulf cheered up immediately. His face lit up like the sun.

Their week in the country together passed like a dream.

The first two days they each spent with their families and visiting the cemetery. But from the third day onward, they were free to see each other everyday.

They visited the fields and parks Gulf and Bright had played at, and the candy store they went to everyday. Gulf showed Mew around, sharing his memories with him fondly.

"That summer was so fun. Even though he was from the city, he wasn't stuck up or anything. We played together everyday and got all dirty. I didn't want Bright to go back to Tokyo, I wanted him to stay here forever."

"Bright didn't want to go home, either. 'I wanna stay with Gulf!' he would yell. He threw such a fit when he found out he had to come here, but then he also threw a fit when we had to go home!"

Gulf smiled at Mew's story. "I used to pray to God that Bright would never leave. That he wouldn't have to go back to Tokyo, and that he could stay here. If that happened...then P'Mew would have to stay, too." he said and glanced at Mew.

Mew smiled at him, making Gulf embarrassed.

"Because I was there, too?"

"Yeah, I liked you so much then. If Bright could stay, then you could, too. My childish heart thought so. Do you remember? Every night when it got dark, you'd come get Bright. And you'd say to me, 'It's getting late, you should go home.' Then we'd walk down the road together, and I would stare at you the entire way home."

Mew had been a child then, too, and probably hadn't understood the meaning of Gulf's stare. But he remembered Gulf well. He was an intelligent, honest child. He had welcomed Bright that summer with open arms. He had been a great friend to Bright.

"What about now?" Mew asked teasingly. Was he still important to him?

"Now...I still love you. You know that, don't you?" Gulf stammered.

"Yes, I know." Mew reached out and took Gulf's hand in his. Gulf gave a sweet, soft smile at Mew's touch. He squeezed his hand back, and Gulf gave him an even brighter smile. Mew wanted to kiss him. A sudden desire welled up inside of him.

However, in the country. Things moved slowly, so he didn't dare do something so bold there. Even though it was difficult, he suppressed his impulses.

TBC