🌞Chapter 12🌻

🌞🌻

After that, Mew took Gulf to the hotel so he could check out. Then they headed towards his condo in Higashinakano. Inside the car, the two men were completely silent. Or rather, they wanted to talk, but couldn't find the words. Loaded up with one overnight bag and a freeloader, Mew's car sped through the city at night. Ever since they had left the office, Gulf had been wondering if Mew really thought of him as a troublesome burden. However, Mew did not make any effort to talk to him, or even glance at him, he just kept driving silently. Since he was obviously being rejected, Gulf didn't dare to try speaking to Mew himself.

Instead, Gulf began to feel regret. Just as the president had said, he was about to begin his dormitory life living as a freeloader in Mew's condo. His head spun at this sudden development, and he felt as if he hadn't been able to make a level-headed decision. He couldn't imagine how much trouble he was causing Mew by moving in with him. But honestly, up until the point they had left the office, happiness had won out. The joy of having finally seen Mew, whom he had been longing to see all this time. The sense of relief that he would now have his own place to relax, even though it was a dorm.

However, that happiness had quickly faded. Now, Gulf's heart was troubled by the disappointed feeling that he would be causing trouble for others. Mew, the person he had longed for all this time, was right beside him, yet he seemed so far away.

Mew's hands gripped the steering wheel, and he stared straight ahead, not even once looking at Gulf. Seeing Mew's cold profile, Gulf suddenly felt like running away.

At last, they turned off the main road into a residential area. Gulf stared out the window at the rows of houses, wondering if they were almost home yet, when the car turned left into an underground parking lot beneath a condo complex. It seemed like they had reached their destination.

Mew quickly got out of the car and looked at Gulf. Flustered, Gulf grabbed his overnight bag and also got out of the car.

"Seventh floor, number 713," Mew said, talking to Gulf for the first time.

Even though it was just Mew brusquely telling him the room rumber, Gulf felt a little relieved.

They took the elevator from the parking lot to the seventh floor. Mew stepped out into the hallway first followed by Gulf. He unlocked a door at the end of the hallway.

"This is it."

At Mew's prompting, Gulf entered the room hesitantly.

On the left side of the foyer was a door that led to the bathroom. Straight down the hall was a wooden door with a glass window. The hallway continued to the right. Following Mew through the door, they entered a large open room containing the kitchen, living room and dining room. The room was mainly decorated in beige, and a large LCD television sat on top of an elegant credenza. The room contained only the bare neccessities, it was as neat as a pin.

Still clutching his bag, Gulf looked around the room restlessly.

Mew spoke. "There are three rooms. One is my bedroom, one is the office, and the last one is a room I've been using as a storage room. You can use that one. There's a closet in there, so you can put away your things. I'm sure you'll have plenty of space."

"Okay, thank you very much."

"You don't have to worry about the rent or utilities. As long as you pay for your own personal items and food, you can use anything you like. I only have one rule if you're going to live here: mind your own business. That's it."

"Um..." Gulf said hesitantly.

"What?" Mew asked with a sudden, surprisingly kind look on his face. Even though it flashed on his face for only a moment, it was more than enough to make Gulf's heart pound.

"Should we take turns making meals?" he asked.

Mew was silent.

Gulf continued, "I think it would be a lot more economical if we took turns cooking, and ate together, instead of separately. If it's okay with you, I'd be more than happy to..."

"Like I said, you don't have to bother," Mew said. "I usually eat out, anyway. Just because I have a roommate now doesn't mean I'm going to change my lifestyle. Don't waste your time."

"But..." Gulf wanted to say, 'But there's no way you eat out for all three meals, right?' but he thought it might be considered as not minding his own business, so he closed his mouth. Mew would probably be annoyed at any further attempts to be persuaded to take turns making food. After all, Gulf's presence was nothing but a burden to him.

TBC

Sweet Admiration (MewGulf AU)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara