🌞Chapter 19🌻

🌞🌻

Starting the next day, Gulf began to wake up early in the morning and made breakfast. He usually made something simple like toast and milk with a salad or ham and egg. He placed both his and Mew's portions on the table. Mew awakened to Gulf cheerfully preparing breakfast, and stared at the plates on the table with an annoyed look on his face.

"I thought I told you not to bother with stuff like this," he said, just as Gulf had expected him to.

"It's pretty delicious. You should try some." Gulf said, smiling.

Mew shook his head with a disgusted look on his face, and went back to the living room. Gulf waited a bit before he went ahead and ate. When he was finished, Mew still hadn't come back to the table. He hadn't been expecting him to anyway, so he didn't let it bother him. He decided to pack Mew's uneaten portion in a plastic container and eat it for lunch. While he was quickly wrapping his lunch, he heard Mew's footsteps going toward the entryway and hurriedly followed him.

"Let's go to the train station together," he said.

Mew looked at him in surprise. Gulf returned his look with a smile, but Mew began to walk away nonetheless, as if to say, 'No way.' However, Gulf didn't let it bother him and followed Mew to the train station anyway.

He continued to go to work in this fashion every morning  and stopped at the supermarket everyday after work to pick up groceries for dinner. Since Gulf's parents both worked, he was a fairly good cook. He had been in charge to cooking at club training camps during high school and college, so he knew how to cook most of the usual things.

He prepared a healthy, balanced dinner, and then waited until 9:00 p.m. for Mew to come home. If it seemed like Mew would be later than that, he would go ahead and eat without him, saving Mew's portion so he could heat it up later.

When Mew returned home, Gulf would tell him that he made dinner. Every time, Mew made an annoyed face, but Gulf still offered him the food cheerfully. Usually, Mew would say that he had already eaten, but occasionally, he would give in and eat the food Gulf had put so much effort.

"Don't you have things to do?" Mew once asked. "There's no reason for you to make breakfast and dinner, and wait around everyday. I told you before, we're only roommates. You din't need to bother with this."

"It's not a bother at all," Gulf insisted. "I'm used to making meals. I enjoy it, actually. If I'm going to make dinner anyway, making one more portion isn't a big deal. It's more fun to eat with someone else rather than eating alone anyway."

"...Fun?"

Even though Mew often acted annoyed, Gulf truly believed that there wasn't anyone who would be upset after being offered delicious food. However, Gulf made sure not to bother Mew any further. He figured it was just in Mew's nature to avoid interacting with people he wasn't familiar with.

No matter what kind of living arrangement you had, rules were necessary. Gulf intended to respect what Mew had said. While respecting each other's rules, they both tried to compromise and play things by ear as well. The effect of that showed itself more quickly than expected.

TBC