🌞Chapter 11🌻

🌞🌻

Before a half-hour had passed, the main office door opened. Gulf was still busy with work so he didn't see the person who headed straight for the presiden's office. After a while, Bow came over to him.

"Gulf, the president would like to see you," she said.

"Ah, thanks." Gulf said.

However, Bow didn't return to her desk after passing the message along, but instead started to gather up the stack of finished copies. Standing beside Gulf, she softly whispered. "The man we were just talking about, Sir Mew..."

"What about him?"

"He just went to see the president, for the first time in a while. And since he wants to see you, this is probably about the company housing situation."

Hearing that Mew was there, Gulf swallowed hard. However, he didn't see what this had to do with the company housing situation.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"I don't know, ask him yourself. Also, just so you know, the whole office had heard what you said to the president earlier." Bow flashed him a mischievous smile and then returned to her desk.

Gulf stood frozen for a while, but he knew he couldn't make Mew and the president wait much longer. He hurriedly straightened up the copied manuscripts and headed towards Soga's office.

The door was closed. He knocked lightly, nervously saying, "It's Gulf," and slowly opened the door.

Mew was in the room. He turned towards the doorway and stared silently at Gulf. Soga was sitting at his desk, and invited Gulf inside with a broad smile on his face.

Gulf entered the room hesitantly, and stood next to Gulf. He suddenly realized that even though he used to be much shorter than Mew, he was now slightly taller than him.

Mew had a clever beauty about him that hadn't been captured in the photograph.

Soga began to speak. "Ah, Gulf. This is Mew Suppasit, a founding member and executive of the company. And this is Gulf Kanawut, a new employee whom we have high hopes for this year. Mew's housing is provided for by the company. A lot has happened, but starting today, it will now be a company dormitory. And Gulf will be living there. It's already furnished, so you can move in right away without any special preparations. I hope you find your dormitory life enjoyable."

Mew said nothing.

When Gulf entered the room, Mew had glanced at him, but now he faced the president, silent and expressionless.

"Oh, that's right. Gulf, just because Mew is an executive, please don't feel uncomfortable. At home, company titles don't matter at all! As a rule of this dormitory, you two must get along and treat each other as equals. Anyway, you're closer to the same age, so I'm sure you'll get along just fine."

"Yes..." Gulf mumbled.

Gulf had little confidence that that would be the case. After all, he had just resigned himself to the idea that he'd never see Mew again, and suddenly, they had become roommates! He couldn't just say, "Oh, okay!" and accept it so easily.

He wondered what Mew thought of all this, and stole a glance at the other man's face.

Mew was still looking silently at Soga. Even though he had just had a huge load of luggage named Gulf forced upon him, there was no change in his calm expression.

Soga continued, "Well then, it's decided. Mew will take you get to your things from the hotel, and then you may go home. He brought his car, so the timing is perfect. Oh, and tell HR tomorrow that you've found a new place to live. They said you wrote down the hotel's address as your own! Well, you just can't do that..."

But Bow had said that I could, and she works in HR...

Well, anyway, the most important thing right now was whether or not Mew himself agreed to this arrangement or not.

Just as Gulf was about to ask Mew, Soga beat him to the punch. "Hey, Mew. Don't just stand there. And Gulf, you too. You look like a scared abandoned puppy! Okay? Everyone is okay with this, right?" he said weakly.

Gulf, the abandoned puppy, also wanted to hear the answer, and cleared his throat nervously.

"Okay with it?" Mew's clear voice rang in Gulf's ears. "No, I'm not okay with it. Our original agreement was that I would live alone. But now, all of a sudden, I have to have a roommate? That's unbelievable. I understand you're in a different situation here, Soga, and I understand that leaving this problem unsolved would create problems for the company. I suppose I have no choice."

"Oh, great! Thanks, Mew!" Soga stood and extended his hand out to Mew.

Mew ignored him and continued, "You don't have to thank me. But there's one thing I want to make perfectly clear." His clear voice reverberated in the presidents office. "I do not need a roommmate. The only reason I'm doing this is because you're basically forcing me to, and I certainly don't need a roommate who is my 'equal,' as you said. Is that clear? However, I will compromise and let him stay with me as long as he understands that he is completely on his own."

TBC