🌞Chapter 22

🌞

Mew Suppasit had always enjoyed living alone. He lived in a beautiful condo and enjoyed spending time there by himself, not bothered by other people. When he was busy with work, all he wanted to do was return to his castle so he could relax, without having to worry about anything. Away from all of his obligations, a place where he could rest and take it easy. Since he was always so busy with work, that free time was his only source of happiness.

And then, he was suddenly forced to share it with someone else.

He had firmly turned him down, but Soga had done a lot for him. He had gotten down on his hands and knees and begged him---Mew just couldn't say no after that. So he had no choice but to take in a young man named Gulf Kanawut. Even though he had laid the ground rules at first, Mew soon felt himself falling into Gulf's pace.

Every morning, he woke up to a warm breakfast and there was always dinner waiting for him when he came home from work. Gulf kept the living room, dining room, and bathroom spotless. It was actually cleaner than when Mew had lived there by himself.

Also, the smell of the coffee Gulf made, the smell of his miso soup, stirred up something inside of him. He was grateful for it because it made him realize over and over again how hungry he had been for a regular, decent meal.

He thought Gulf was a strange man. He was tall and tan. He probably played sports. His honest eyes portrayed his serious personality perfectly.

He had heard from Soga that Gulf was a rare find nowadays---an honest, innocent man. He had recently graduated from college, and Soga said he had wanted to hire him for his sincerity. Mew figured Soga had spent a lot of money trying to get Gulf to work for him.

It was understandable, Mew had started to get to know Gulf's good personality and even temperament, even though they had only lived together for about 10 days.

One day, Mew was very busy in the morning, but managed to wrap up his work by late afternoon. He had a reservation for dinner with a client that evening, and was on his way to the restaurant when he suddenly thought of Gulf.

Gulf always went grocery shopping after work, made dinner for both of them and waited for Mew. Of course, Mew had never said he wanted to eat dinner together. But it bothered him to think that Gulf would be waiting at home for him like a puppy. Gulf would probably expecting him home again tonight. It also bothered him to think that he would be making Gulf wait up for him with food he wouldn't be able to eat, so he tried calling home. There was no answer. Finally, the answering machine beeped, so he figured Gulf wasn't home yet.

He suddenly realized that he didn't even know Gulf's cellphone number, so he had no choice but to leave a mesaage at home. "I'm going to be home late tonight, so I don't need any dinner," he said, and then hung up. As he did so, he wondered why he was even doing this. Gulf took it upon himself to do these things, and he wouldn't listen to Mew when he refused, so why was Mew the one leaving the message? It must mean he had really begun to follow Gulf's pace.

"Oh well," Mew muttered, smiling.

Surprisingly, it wasn't that bad living with someone else. He hated having someone tag along and meddle in his affairs, and tried to avoid other people at all cost, but he had begun to think that having a roommate wasn't so bad. Of course, that was probably limited to people who were like Gulf---honest, quiet, and good-natured.

TBC