🌞Chapter 25🌻

🌞🌻

As he reached the condo, he looked up and saw that there were already lights on in their room. It looked like Mew was already home.

Lately, Mew had been coming home around 9:00 p.m., so he probably had come home again at the same time. He was probably watching TV or reading. It was usually Gulf who greeted Mew when he came home, so he was a little excited to be on the opposite end that night.

"I'm home!" he called out as he stepped inside, and noticed some unfamiliar sneakers by the door. He tilted his head, confused. Mew's leather shoes were already there, so they couldn't be his. He slowly continued down the hallway. The noise from the TV escaped from the door leading to the living room.

"P'Mew?" Gulf slowly opened the door. Sitting on the sofa beside Mew was a young man he didn't recognize. Gulf stared at the young man's hand, which rested intimately on Mew's knee. "Oh, do you have a guest?" He finally managed to say despite his bewilderment.

Mew quickly pushed the man's hand away and stood up. "Welcome home. This isn't really a guest, this is my younger brother."

"Younger brother?" Gulf was shocked. This was the first time he had heard of Mew having a brother other than Bright. He was sure Bright had always said he only had one brother, ever since they had first met.

"Yes. This is my younger brother, Art. He's a college student." Art remained seated on the sofa, giving Gulf only a quick glance and a slight bow.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Gulf. P'Mew has helped me out a lot." Gulf intoduced himself.

However, Art ignored him and said. "I thought you were living alone? Why do you have a roommate?"

"I just told you. His company housing fell through. We couldn't let him live in a hotel, so it was an emergency situation. The president made the decision. I had no choice in the matter."

"But you're an investor in the company. Plus, you're an executive. Why did you let yourself be ordered around?"

"It wasn't like that. I was just trying to think of the best solution for the company. As soon as the new company housing is ready, he's leaving anyway." Even though it looked like Art was reluctantly satisfied with Mew's explanation. Gulf was not.

"P'Mew..."

Mew shook his head slightly, as if to silence Gulf. Gulf wasn't sure if Mew had seen his uneasy expression or not, but Gulf understood that the gesture was a sign that Mew didn't want him to say anything anymore about this matter.

He withdrew to his room and changed his clothes, feeling gloomy.

He had somehow sobered up, and instinctively had a bad feeling about Art showing up.

Returning to the living room, he saw that Mew had sat back down on the sofa with Art. They chattered while they watched TV. It's not they didn't seem like brothers, but Gulf thought it was a little over the top how closely Art snuggled against Mew. If they were brothers, shouldn't they have a more candid relationship like he had with Bright? Art wasn't a child anymore. It was unbelievable.

Gulf suddenly realzied he was feeling hostile towards Art. Even though it was normal for brothers to be close, he was angry about it. Actually, he was more jealous than angry. Art was snuggling up to Mew. Touching Mew. Art was doing all the things Gulf wanted to, but couldn't. Seeing it right before his eyes made him extremely jealous.

However, he shook off those thought. How could he be jealous? There was no way he could tell Mew his feelings now. He made some coffee and set it down on the table in front of them.

"Thanks," Mew said, but Art took the cup silently, as if he expected to be treated like this.

Gulf sat down at the dining room table, just to get away from the sofa where the two men were sitting.

TBC