🌞Chapter 21🌻

🌞🌻

"What? Why?"

"I told you not to bother."

"But don't you want to eat some? I made some for you, too. Don't be so stubborn."

"I'm not being stubborn. But on the condition that you're living here for free, you're not supposed to bother yourself with this kind of thing. I've told you over and over again."

Apparently, Mew was wide awake and back to his old self.

"But you ate the dinner I made for you the other day!" Once, Mew had come home in the middle of the night and had eaten the dinner Gulf had saved for him. Mew pouted as Gulf pointed this out to him.

"That's only because I was starving."

"Starving?"

"Also, it would have been a waste to throw away food." Mew was insincere as always.

At any rate, Gulf never threw away any of the food, if it was still uneaten, he just ate it the next day. Still, Mew remained spiteful. Why couldn't he just admit that he had eaten it because he was hungry and he wanted to?

"P'Mew, you're contradicting yourself. Was it because you were starving or becasue you didn't want to waste the food? Pick one!"

"Okay, I was starving, then," Mew calmly answered.

He was acting so much like a child that it was adorable, and Gulf suppressed a chuckle. If prideful Mew was laughed at by Gulf, there was no way he'd show his true feelings around him anymore.

"Okay, then. Let's just say you're starving now, too. Come on, let's eat while it's still warm. We finally have some rice. It would be wasteful if it got cold." Maybe he was reacting to the word 'wasteful,' but Mew hesitantly sat down at the table.

Relieved, Gulf served Mew his food, placing the dishes in front of him. Facing each other at the table, they both began to eat quietly. Gulf watched him, trying to see if he liked it or not. At first, Mew looked like he wasn't in the mood, but quickly showed a hearty appetite. He obviously enjoyed the miso spup, as he quickly ate it. Gulf figured he probably wouldn't ask for seconds. So he quietly refilled his bowl for him.

"Thanks..." Mew murmured, without looking up. Gulf smiled. Maybe because he was so handsome and unapproachable, or maybe it was how he had so coldly protested when they first moved in together, but there was time when Gulf seriously thought Mew might be a cold-hearted person. But seeing him sitting there, eating like this, he just looked like a regular hungry guy.

"Do you like it?"

"Yeah, it's delicious," Mew answered, nodding earnestly.

"I'm glad. I'm pretty confident about my cooking."

"Confident?"

"Yeah. Maybe it's because my parents both worked since I was little. I had a lot of opportunities to help prepare meals. But I reslly model my recipes after my mom's cooking. This miso soup tastes just like my mom's too."

"Your mother's cooking?" Mew murmured.

That's right. Mew had mentioned that the smell of Gulf's miso soup was nostalgic. The Mew that Gulf knew was only the boy that stayed at his uncle's house in the country 12 years ago, and the businessman that worked with many different companies. Now that he thought about it, Bright had never talked about their parents much. He wasn't sure if their mother had cooked for them much or not. However, Mew had called Gulf's mother's cooking delicious right in front of him. He couldn't be happier.

Soon after, they finished eating. Mew curtly said, "Thank you for the food," and stood up. He was about to leave the room when he looked as if he had just remembered something, and began to clear the dishes from the table.

"Oh, I'll do it," Gulf said, but Mew ignored him and set the dishes in the sink. He picked up a sponge and began scrubbing and washing the dishes.

So, he might be a good person after all. Gulf thought with a smile as he watched him wash both of their dishes.

Mew ended up doing all the work, so Gulf quietly thanked him. Mew waved him off with a bit of an embarrassed look on his face, and went into the living room. After he was out of earshot, Gulf let out the breath he had been holding in. The shy expression on Mew's face was so refreshing and pretty.

TBC