Chapter 1

I'm finally finished with these stupid files

I'm finally finished with these stupid files. I'm pretty sure I went over these before but when it comes to Mr. Moretti, he always wants things done to perfection.

Picking up the files and walking towards his office, I quietly knocked on his door and waited for his permission to enter. When I heard his deep voice telling me to come in, I pushed the door open and stepped inside.

"Ms. Johnson, those are the Shanghai files I presume." He didn't even look at me.

"Yes sir." I responded.

"Leave them on my desk. Thank you." He said still typing away at his computer.

I rested the files on his desk and walked out to my station. For the past two years I've worked here at HTM Corp that's pretty much how our interactions went. Straight forward and to the point. We don't speak unless it's work related and that's how it should be.

Today was Friday and I was happy to jump into the weekend. I also needed some extra money to put towards my credit card bill, so I'm gonna be performing at Clubhouse tonight.

Clubhouse is my second job away from here. Many people would be shocked because I don't exactly seem like the type to be a stripper. Always wearing pantsuits with my hair in a tight bun at the back of my head. My best friend/roommate Chase constantly tells me how I look like a conservative grandma. Then again he's always dramatic.

Fridays and the weekends were the best days to work at the stripclub, you get the best tips and the most I've ever made in one night was a little over 6 thousand. Some rich guys came in for a bachelor party and they tipped very well.

I checked the time to see it was 5:58. Two more minutes and I can leave. I sat around playing with my pen just waiting for the two minutes to run past. At exactly 6 on the dot, Mr. Moretti came walking out of his office.

"Have a good day Ms. Johnson." He walked past without a glance.

"You too sir." I said as he stepped into the elevator and peered down at his phone.

I packed up my things and walked over to the elevator and pressed the button, waiting for it to come back up. I stepped on and pressed the button for the garage. On the way down the doors opened on the 7th floor, Dante from marketing stepped inside the lift.

"Fancy seeing you here Ms. Samai."

"Stop acting like we don't have lunch together everyday." I rolled my eyes at him.

"When are you gonna make to take you out to a real lunch?" He asked.

Dante's been trying to pursue me for a while now but I've always turned him down. I just wasn't in the right space to be in a relationship right now, I needed to focus on getting myself out of debt before I can focus on anything else. I told him we can only be friends but that doesn't stop him from asking from time to time. Other than that he's a really good friend, he makes the long workdays bearable.