027. 𝗯𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗵𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗴𝗶𝗳𝘁

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

AFTER KUROO AND KENMA HAD ASKED HER  TO GO THE PARTY, she was slightly panicking, not knowing what to get him for his birthday.

she know his friends would get him game related stuff and things like that. and she didn't want her gift to seem too simple.

she wanted to show a gesture that she sees him more than a friend.

but truthfully, she was terrified.

what if i get rejected?

she missed a beat again. her bandmates stopped the music and all eyes averted their attention to her. she sighed and lowered her head, muttering an apology.

they noticed y/n's uneasy expression and sat down, circling around her.

"are you okay? what's wrong?" semi questioned, his voice earnest.

she shook her head. "i'm sorry, i was a little distracted."

konoha and kunimi exchanged glances and sighed.

"i'm just a little tired. i'll focus better." y/n said apologetically.

"well, let's call it a day, shall we?" semi said and placed the guitar properly in his lap.

y/n felt bad for losing focus, which caused them a practice session, especially when their performance is coming up next week.

"do you want to tell us what's distracting our little drummer?" konoha teased.

kunimi snickered and y/n gave konoha a questionable look.

"don't call me that ever again..."

semi hollered. "konoha always says the cringiest things. but he's right. what's bothering you, y/n?" he asked.

y/n sighed and told them that she had no idea what to do for his birthday and she really didn't want to go empty-handed.

"why not just ask him?" kunimi asked.

as easy as it sounds, she knew if she asked kenma, he's going to say he doesn't want or need anything from her.

"as a guy," semi started off.

"i would like it if a girl gave me something she made herself. be it food or something i can use, it shows her interest and effort she put into preparing something for me." he smiled.

an idea appeared in y/n's brain and a grin crept up her face. she had always looked up to semi eita. to her, he was a reliable and cool senior, someone understanding and someone who keeps an open mind.

"semi-san, you're amazing. i always knew i could count on you!" she beamed.

puzzled, semi just nodded and smiled, feeling somewhat proud and happy to be able to help his friend.