001. 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗺𝘆 𝗰𝗿𝘂𝘀𝗵

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

SHE SMITTENED DOWN her school skirt that went right above her knee and practiced her smile in the mirror. she placed her chapstick into her blazer pocket and grabbed her skateboard, leaving her bedroom.

"morning, dad." she greeted. "morning, sweetheart. do you need a ride?" he asked, his attention averted from the newspaper in his hands to her. she shook her head vigorously. "no, dad. it's fine. i'll skate." she smiled.

her dad sighed. "please be careful with that. it doesn't seem safe." he took off his glasses and wrapped his arms. "i'll be fine dad. see you." she swung the backpack on her shoulders and left through the front door.

she put on her earbuds and played songs from her phone. she stepped on her skateboard and started skating, while humming to some music on her way there. she took a left turn with her skateboard and almost lost control on her board when she was unable to stop in time.

she bumped into two boys from her school, one being her classmate and the other being his friend.

"i'm so sorry!" she apologised and prepped her skateboard up with one arm. "i'm really sorry! i didn't see you there." she bowed repeatedly.

"it's okay." the taller male smiled. she looked up to see a familiar face who happened to be her classmate. "kozume?" she called out. he stared at her, before looking back at the ground. "just call me kenma." he uttered.

"oh, right. see you later, kenma!" she smiled and waved goodbye before stepping on her skateboard once again, heading towards the school grounds.

"yo, kenma. isn't that your crush from last year?" kuroo nudged the shorter male next to him. kenma let an annoyed groan escaped his lips.

"she's not my crush, kuroo. i just think she's cool." he shrugged.

"it's the same thing!" kuroo laughed teasingly. "it's not."

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

"since this is another beginning of the school year, i'll be rearranging your seats." the teacher announced to the class. groans and sighs were heard from the students, most of them unwilling to move away from their friends.

"quiet down. i'll call out your name and you will move with the other person." he said.

names were called, and seats were moved. a few more until her name was called upon.

"ikeda and fujiro, exchange." her eyes glanced over to where fujiro was seated, and it was next to the blonde male she met this morning. she stood up and walked over to the back of the classroom, sitting next to the boy who lazily rested his chin on the palm of his hand.

"hi kenma." she greeted. he stared at her for a moment before replying.

"hey."

"i guess we're desk mates now." she smiled.

"yeah, i guess we are." without realising, the boy had returned her smile with his own.

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

"is that fun?" she peered over the male's shoulder, taking a glimpse of the game on his nintendo.

"it's alright." he answered shortly.

she hummed and watched as he played, not realising how close she had actually gotten. kenma shifted a little in his seat, the corner of his eyes glancing at the girl. he noticed her features and how pretty she looks.

he cleared his throat and she finally scooted further away. "i'm sorry, i was too close." she softly said. "it's okay. here, you can watch." he said and placed his gaming device a little closer to her.

"do you play?" he asked quietly. "oh i don't, actually. i'm not really good at it." she chuckled. "well, i can teach you... if you want to." he spared her a quick glance before looking back at his game.

"of course, i'd like that." she smiled at kenma.

"kenma!" a voice called out. both her and kenma turned around to look at the owner of the voice, none other than kuroo. he entered the classroom and walked over to their table.

"oh, you're the girl from this morning!" kuroo admitted. "yes, hello. i'm ikeda y/n." she smiled at the boy.

"kuroo tetsurou." he introduced himself.

"okay, i'll go to the cafeteria with my friends now. see you later." she excused herself and left with a few girls from the class.

"dude! she's your new seat mate?" kuroo exclaimed, a tint of excitement in his voice. kenma furrowed his brows.

"yes. it's not a big deal..." kenma muttered under his breath.

"hey! its a huge deal! you're sitting with your crush!" kuroo leaned on kenma's desk, staring at the blonde male.

"kuroo, i told you she's not my crush." kenma denied. he did think she was cool and pretty, and really nice. but he wasn't sure if that's considered a crush.