016. 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝗲𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗲𝘀

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

Y/N AND IZUKI stepped off the bus and walked towards the school entrance. he was rambling on about his rivals from other school and his basketball team. she listened intently, and laughed whenever he made a joke, or a pun.

"izuki!" his friends called out. he turned and waved at them before excusing himself. "i'll see you later, yeah?" he said and she nodded.

he left and she continued walking, not noticing that kenma was walking behind her.

she didn't bother looking at the ground, that was until she tripped on her shoelaces which had came undone.

she was ready to fall flat on the floor, she had her eyes shut tight and embraced herself for the embarrassment of falling in front of everyone.

but it never came. she felt a pair of hands caught her from behind by her arms, holding her firmly.

"are you okay?" she opened her eyes and was greeted by a concerned kenma. "oh, yes. i'm fine." she cleared her throat, feeling embarrassed by her clumsiness.

she was about to get down on one knee to tie her shoelaces but kenma beat her to it. she was surprised, not knowing how to react or what to say at the boy's action.

"your shoelaces are loose." kenma announced and got down on one knee, his eyebrows knit together as he focused his attention in tying her shoelaces.

she was embarrassed, her heart was thumping so loud against her chest and she felt like she was about to turn purple any time soon from the way she held her breath.

"all done." kenma stood up and smiled. "you're so clumsy," he teased.

she felt herself blush, hard. "thank you." she muttered under her breath and start walking ahead, keeping her eyes on the ground.

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

"yeah, it's a nice show. maybe you should watch it." y/n explained the lucifer series to her seatmate, who listened with interest.

she was about to continue until the girl, who y/n would describe as her nightmare, walked into their classroom.

"hi kenma! look, i brought my switch!" she gleed while holding a pink switch in her hand. y/n was stunned.

she, once again, felt as if she had just lost. haru smirked at her before pulling a vacant chair and sat next to kenma.

"let's play, kenma." she grinned, and for once, she seemed to have sparked kenma's interest. "sure, should we play zelda?" the boy asked and took out his blue switch. haru nodded eagerly.

"ikeda!" her head shot up to the owner of the voice who called her name. "izuki!" she greeted the boy and jolted up from her seat, pacing down the isle and head to the door of her class.

kenma's attention shifted to his crush and the other boy in front of the classroom. he felt challenged and slightly furious, but he knew he had no right to.

"come, let's eat!" he smiled and grabbed her wrist, leading her down the hallway of the school.

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

"okay, i have a good one." izuki said. groans and sighs were heard from the rest of his teammates on the table.

he had brought her to sit with them for the day since the canteen wasn't as crowded as usual.

"i asked my french friends if they liked video games..." he trailed off. everyone had a straight face on, unamused.

"and he said Wii." he bursted out laughing, and so did she. she couldn't hold back even if she wanted to.

"you don't have to laugh if it's bad, you know?" the basketball team captain whispered to her, who by now, had tears in her eyes.

"oh no, i love it, it really was a good one." she laughed once again, wiping the tears off the side of her eyes. they both earned a confused stare from the basketball team.

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

izuki was walking her back to her homeroom again after lunch was over.

she had a good time with him and his friends, which totally took her mind off of things between haru and kenma.

"izuki, can you accompany me somewhere later?" she asked while looking up at the male, due to her height which was a lot shorter than him.

"of course, but a little later, is that okay?" he gave her a smile and scratched the back of his neck.

"alright, we'll meet at the bus stop at seven? we can walk there." she inquired while raising her eyebrows. he nodded her head with a smile.

"sure, where are we going, though?"

"the game store." she grinned.

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

"why does it has to be y/n and kunimi again?" the other senior, konoha, asked their leader, semi.

"because we're both delinquents, while kunimi has good grades and the teachers love y/n. we were both denied when we asked since we were freshmen." he shrugged.

konoha let out a "tch." under his breath and went back strumming on his guitar.

"they do?" y/n asked. semi only shrugged in response. "i dunno, i was just saying." he laughed.

"anyway, since when do you wear makeup?" semi jokingly asked, a teasing smirk plastered on his face.

"stop!" she retorted in embarrassment.

"is there someone you want to look good for?" he teased and sent a wink her way.

"shut up... i just wanted a change." she mumbled and buried her face in her palms.

"so there is someone!" semi exclaimed. "who is this boy? was he the one you brought here before?" he put his guitar away and leaned in closer, trying to read her expression.

"semi, stop pestering her. are you her dad?" konoha scolded and kunimi only chuckled of while sitting down on an empty spot next to y/n. he was just as curious.

"did you bail on practice for him? did you bail on us to get your change?" kunimi joked and messed with her hair.

she sighed in defeat.

"yes, it's him. and yes, i did. i'm sorry." she regretted admitting it because the moment she took a look at their faces, she already knew they were gonna tease her for it during every practice.