007. 𝗺𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗰𝗹𝘂𝗯

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

"COME TO OUR PRACTICE THEN." she suggested with a huge grin on her face. kenma, who had just told her that their volleyball practice was cancelled, stared at her for a bit.

"will that be okay for you?" he asked, not knowing how to feel about it.

"of course! we're kind of a mix match, but you should come watch! we're not that big of a loser." she chuckled lightly.

kenma adjusted the straps of his backpack and smiled. "okay..." he didn't know why, but he enjoyed her company.

he texted kuroo on his phone and said that he wouldn't be walking back with him. kenma walked side by side with the her, heading to a last room far in the corner.

"we're here!" she pushed the door open, revealing three other guys in the room who were just chatting before turning their attention on the two of them.

"hey y/n. who's this?" a male with middle part asked. "hello. this is my friend, kenma. he's gonna watch our practice today, you don't mind, do you?" she grinned.

their eyes softened at the girl's request and nodded their head. "of course."

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

"i really think you should be the main vocal for our performance, y/n." their leader, semi suggested after the girl had finished singing a song for her vocal practice.

"but i wanna play the drums." she whined and pouted.

"any one of us can cover the drums for you." he shrugged.

"yeah, i guess. maybe i'll sing if its acoustic? or slow songs." she said and turned her attention back to her drums.

kenma was still a little surprised. he looked around the practice room and saw that it was nothing like what the rumors had said.

the place was cool, and so were the people. especially her.

"okay, one more and we're going home." their leader announced and went back to strumming his guitar and walked over to the microphone.

they started to play the song freaks by surf curse and he watched as y/n hit her drums, concentrating on every beat.

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

"i didn't know you could sing that well." he complimented while walking her home.

"what? no! i'm not that great." she grimaced. "you sounded really good to me. and you're really good with drums, where'd you learn that?" kenma asked.

"i joined the club last year and it was pretty interesting, so i just picked it up." she said and landed her eyes on him.

"i think you're really cool."

"thank you." she replied, feeling herself blush.

"we're here. come in," she invited the boy inside. she lead him to her room and placed her bag down on the floor.

"let's see what we can do for the project today."

he examined her room and saw that it was really minimalistic and tidy. she had her makeup table next to her bed, and a study table. she also had an acoustic guitar leaning against the wall next to it.

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

hours into the discussion, y/n's piece of paper was only filled with three sentences. it was no doubt that science was her weakest subject, but she didn't want to let him know that she was really terrible at it to the point she have no idea what are the differences between the variables.

she watched as the boy sitting next to her bit his lip softly, focusing his attention on the paper in front of him while trying to make a report.

she laid her head on her soft bed, heaving out an exhausted sigh without realising her eyes had given up on keeping her awake.

kenma noticed how quiet the girl had became and glanced over, only to find her eyes gently shut and she was breathing quietly. he took in the look of her soft skin, the rays of the setting sun shone on her face.

he placed his pencil down and scooted closer, tucking a loose strand of her fringe behind her ear and admired her features. he noticed how long her eyelashes were and her soft, plump lips.

deep down kenma knew that kuroo was right. since their freshman year, y/n had caught his attention. the way her voice always sounded so cheerful and how she would skate everywhere couldn't stop him from noticing her.

the way her straight hair would get frizzy after a long day and some of it would stick out always puts a smile on his face. though, she didn't know.

"you're so pretty..." he softly whispered and sat back, taking the pen in his hand once again and tried to finish the report.

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

"bye, kenma." she waved at the boy and closed the door behind her. she fanned herself before slumping down on the couch.

"what the hell?" she whispered, her brain still trying to process what had just happened earlier.

he thought she was asleep, but the truth was she had woken up the moment she felt his hand moved her hair out of her face.

she couldn't help but fall deeper for the boy.

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

author's note:

heyy! i don't really know how to write an original character ??? so let's just pretend semi, konoha and kunimi all goes to nekoma for this fic ):