012. 𝗱𝗲𝗻𝗶𝗮𝗹

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

HER SOFT FOOTSTEPS glide against the cold stairs. y/n had received kuroo's address from kenma and decided to skate there instead. it was only 2 blocks away from kenma's house anyway.

she tucked her hair behind her ears and made sure to properly lock the door before leaving, knowing her father would be home late. she placed the board down and stepped on it, the wheel of the board skating away.

she balanced herself, both feet on the board and felt the cold wind brushed against her skin while she skated her way there. after some time, she had finally arrived at kuroo's house.

she picked her board up and placed it on the side of his house. there were many shoes outside of his front door, suggesting that the rest had already arrived before her.

she swallowed back her anxiety before ringing the doorbell.

almost immediately, she was greeted by the familiar volleyball captain in front of her, welcoming her with a wide grin.

"you made it! come in," he moved to the side and made way for her to enter.

she walked in and was greeted by all of the volleyball members, including kenma.

her smile dropped until she heard a familiar voice, the sight of the girl made her heart clenched.

"welcome." haru greeted, eyeing her up and down.

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

"why is she here?" y/n whispered to kenma when they sat down next to each other on the couch. kenma, face unwavering, shrugged his shoulders.

"kuroo invited her." he shortly answered. he examined her eyes and sensed that she was uneasy.

y/n was glaring daggers at haru. haru, who seemed to speak in a whiny, high pitched voice was all over everyone of the volleyball members, trying to get closer to them.

she groaned and slumped her back onto the couch, obviously annoyed. kenma watched and let a chuckle escape his lips.

"yeah, she's kinda annoying." he grinned at y/n, attempting to make her feel a little better, but to no avail.

"guys, come on. don't just sit there! we're going to play some games." yamamoto suggested and motioned both kenma and y/n to join them.

kenma reluctantly stood up and waited for y/n to do the same. she hesitated, but stood up anyway. she didn't like being in the same place as haru, but it'll be bearable since kenma will be next to her anyway.