011. 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗼𝗻 & 𝗲𝗴𝗴𝘀

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

"YOU CAN HAVE MY BED." his fingers fell after he finished the braid without tying it with an elastic. "what? no. i can sleep in the guest room."

"no, you can sleep on my bed." he assured. "what about you?" she questioned. he shrugged.

"not sure yet. i'm gaming tonight. playing rank." kenma shortly answered and made his was towards his gaming chair, plopping himself down and turned on his pc.

"oh, okay..." y/n muttered softly. she was hesitant, but kenma's bed was warm and comfortable, the heavy rain that don't seem to be stopping soon making her eyelids feel even heavier.

she laid on her back, making herself comfortable against the pillow and pull the covers up on her body. she lied on her side and her eyes focused on her phone.

she opened her netflix app and scroll around, looking for a show to indulge herself into. y/n watched as kenma put on his headphones and turned on his mic, talking to his teammates.

she picked the show 'lucifer' and clicked play. a show about the devil solving crimes doesn't sound so bad.

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

the clock on the table showed it was 3:45 in the morning. it was a sunday anyway, so kenma didn't really care about staying up late.

he finally relaxed in his gaming chair and removed his headphones, turning off his pc and hopped off the chair. he stride over to his queen sized bed. he sat on the side and watched y/n who was in a deep slumber.

the rain had finally slowed down now, but it was still chilly and cool. he laid down on his side of the bed and turned around to face a sleeping brunette. her hair was laid out and her body was scrunched up, her nose heaving out soft breaths with her mouth slightly agape.

kenma stared at her dreamily. he lowkey wished she would appear in his dreams tonight.

after all, she was the girl of his dreams.

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

kenma was woken up by the sound of the spoon falling off the countertop, hitting the floor with a loud noise. he groaned a little in frustration before waking up and making his way downstairs.

he had noticed that y/n was no longer in bed next to him, meaning she had woken up before him.

he walked down the stairs lazily, yawning and his hair a mess before his eyes darted over to the girl who had her back facing him, attention on the cooking pan.

she was still dressed in his sweater from last night. they looked slightly bigger on her, she had the sleeves rolled up and her hair was a little messy.

the kitchen counter was no longer as tidy as they were before and her movements at cooking were obviously an amateur's. she hadn't realise kenma was there yet.

he slowly made an approach and stood right next to her. she jolted in surprise and stared at the boy.

"you scared me!" she snapped.

"i'm sorry." he chuckled. "what are you doing?" he asked, eyeing the food in the pan.

"uh, i'm making us breakfast?" she responded.

"oh, i know. i meant what are you cooking?" he questioned again.

she swallowed hard. fuck. is it that bad?

"you can't tell?" she asked the boy who stared at her, confusion in his eyes.

kenma took a second look at the food and shook his head. she sighed in defeat.

"it's bacon and eggs..." her voice was low as eyes revert back to the pan, feeling a little down-spirited.

kenma held in a laugh and snorted. "that's bacon and eggs?" he asked with a mocking grin.

"well... i'm not the best chef, okay?" she groaned and rolled her eyes, trying her best to fix the so-called breakfast.

kenma smiled and stared at her pouty face. how could someoneーanyoneーmess up bacon and eggs?

"you know, you're really interesting," kenma smirked.

he was about to make another comment but he got interrupted by the doorbell. she raised her eyebrows at the male, and he only shrugged in response before making his way towards the door.

"morning, kenma!" kuroo greeted and let himself in, kenma stood in place and closed the door shut.

"oh? why is y/n in your house on a sunday morning, cooking breakfast?" kuroo asked the moment he saw y/n in the kitchen, obviously wearing kenma's clothes and her appearance looking like someone who just woke up not too long ago.

she gave him an awkward smile, not really knowing how to explain.

"it's not what you think it is." kenma, who was now standing by the kitchen counter, retorted. kuroo gave him a side glance with a cheeky grin.

"it's really not." she interrupted and turned her attention back to the pan, picking up the food and placing it on the plate.

"what brings you here?" kenma asked his friend, who was helping himself with a glass of water.

kuroo shrugged and gulped down his drink.

"i'm having a little get together tonight, the team and us. y/n, you should come." he grinned and she only nodded in response, too focused on trying to do better on the second try of her cooking.

kenma agreed but groaned in annoyance. kuroo walked over to the sink and placed his cup down. he took a glance over y/n's shoulder to check out the food. kuroo grimaced at the sight.

"what the heck is that? dog food?" he cringed.

y/n, once again, sighed.

"it's bacon and eggs." kenma answered for her and kuroo gave him a weird look, as if asking his best friend 'you're really gonna eat this?'.

kenma rolled his eyes. "yes, kuroo. now leave her alone."