All A Lie part 36

H-"What's her name?"

V-"Charlotte"

H-"Hi Charlotte"

She smiled down at the baby in her arms that I was helping her hold. I had picked Harper up from daycare after Charlotte was born and brought her back here. Harper was amazingly amused by the baby in her arms.

H-"Charlotte's my best friend"

V-(giggles)"Yes she is"

Harper and I hung out for a little while longer before it started to get dark and Harper was getting tired so we decided to go. Even though Harper didn't want to leave her best friend, I promise her we would come back tomorrow.

H-"Bye bye Charlotte"

I picked her up so she could give her a small hug. I gave Veronica a hug before I took Harper and we went back to our apartment. I then changed us both into our pj's then tucked her into her bed.

H-"Mommy, can you tell me a story about daddy?"

B-"Sure"

I sat down on the end of her bed.

B-"When you were born, we still hadn't left the hospital yet. And daddy wanted to get you your first stuffed animal. So while you were sleeping, he went and got bunny"

She clutched her stuffed bunny closer to her while smiling.

H-"Can I have one more story, please"

B-"Sure"

She smiled widely and snuggled into her pillow.

B-"Whenever I was working, you and daddy would color in his office and on my lunch break I would come in his office and we would all eat lunch together. And play together, you were always a daddy's girl and we all knew it. You and daddy would do everything together. He was your favorite and even though daddy said he didn't have a favorite...you were definitely his"

H-"Am I still his favorite?"

B-(smiles)"Yes you are baby, you always will be"

H-"Can you cuddle with me tonight?"

B-"Sure"

I climbed up next to her and she snuggled into my side and kissed my belly.

H-"I can't wait to meet you" (whispers)

I smiled down at her and she laid down in my arms and soon I heard soft snores and knew she was asleep. But I was too tired to even get up, and to be honest, her bed was really comfortable. So I just laid my head down on the pillow and fell asleep.

H-"Mommy, Mommy! There's someone knocking on the door"

B-(groans)"Okay"

I slowly got up and walked to the front door while rubbing my eyes. And soon I reached the door and opened it to a very angry Jughead.

B-"J-Jug?"

J-"What the hell is the matter with you, why didn't you tell me?!"

His eyes glanced down to my belly then back up to me.

B-"I'm so sorry Jug, I tried to tell you but you-"

J-"Oh you're really trying to blame this on me, when you were too chicken to tell me that you're pregnant?!"

B-"Jug I'm so sorry, really. I just really need you right now, I miss you, Harper missed you...and I can't do this alone"

J-"Well find a way"

I looked at him in tears as he turned his back and walked off, leaving me to break down in a sob.

H-"Mommy!"

I jolted up and looked at Harper with a tear stained face.

B-"Sorry baby"

H-"It's okay"

She laid back down and I got up out of her bed and grabbed my phone before sitting down on the edge of my bed.

B-"Come on Jug, please pick up" (whispers)

I wiped the tears that began to slide down my cheeks before resting my hand on my belly and signing as Jug's voicemail came on.

B-"Hey Jug, it's me. I just wanted to say that I'm really, really sorry. And I know that I do my deserve your help right now...but I really need it. Harper missed you, I miss you, and I know you don't want to help me...but do it for your family, please. And I know I'm not making much sense right now but trust me, I will if you just call me. I love you, and I really mean it this time"

I had to end the call quickly before I burst into tears over the phone.