Bear trap pt2

YOUR POV:Not long after Emmett left, Evelyn decided to leave too, to get me some medication for my foot

YOUR POV:
Not long after Emmett left, Evelyn decided to leave too, to get me some medication for my foot. Marcus was about to follow Evelyn out of our safe place but i was quick to grab his wrist. "Dont leave" i whimpered and he cupped my cheeks before whispering "Im just going to talk to my mum" he reassured in a whisper before kissing my forehead and climbing up the ladder.

I sat on the bed, fiddling with my fingers, trying my best to ignore the pain in my foot. Marcus soon returned and picked up his baby brother and cradled him in his arms before sitting beside me. It was all quiet, Marcus occasionally hushed the baby in a soft tone. But soon enough, i heard his beautiful singing voice as he sang to the baby:

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.You make me happy when skies are gray..you'll never know, dear, how much I love you...please don't take my sunshine away" his voice was quiet and gentle, it made my eyes close and my head leaned onto his shoulder. It was there for long though, Marcus handed me the baby and stood up, grabbing a torch on the way, before heading to the opening.

I stared at him in panic, my eyes begging him not to leave. He slowly walked back over to me and cupped my face. "I'll be back, breathe" he whispered to calm me down. I shook my head but he grabbed my hand from under the baby and held it. "I wont be gone long, i'll never leave you for too long" he informed but my lip quivered.

"I cant lose you.." I whispered, my voice cracking a little but my boyfriend pressed a gentle kiss to my lips before resting his forehead on mine. "Y/n, I promise i'll be back in 5 minutes..." he mumbled, his lips grazed mine as he spoke. I let out a shaky sigh before nodding a little. Marcus took his hands away from mine before pressing a kiss to each one.

As he got to the ladder, he turned to me before smiling. "I love you" he signed and i smiled too. "I love you too" I mouthed back and i saw the blush form on his cheeks before he climbed the ladder..god i hope he stays safe...

Its been more than 5 minutes, i put the baby in the box, covering its mouth to give it oxygen. My hands were shaking and soon Marcus arrived back. "GET IN THE SAFE!" He yelled and i nodded, grabbing the box with the small newborn and rushing to the safe. Marcus grabbed his radio and headphones as i noticed a creature pushing its way into the safe. Before it could get to us, Marcus climbed in and slammed it closed.

My breathing was heavy, the curly haired boy pulled me to sit on his lap and rocked me back and forth a little before opening the box with his brother in it. "You came back" I whispered, checking him for any wounds. He chuckled before kissing my cheeks. "I promised didn't i?" He whispered before kissing me. I smiled into the kiss and soon pulled away for air...but we didn't receive any.

Marcus rushed to the box and took the baby's oxygen mask off him, placing it to his mouth, then to mine and back to the babies. We had to share the last bit of oxygen we had left, my hand was clutching onto Marcus's. God knows what will happen now...