Chapter 14 - Please Don't

QUINN'S POV:

Although I can't believe what just happened, I still think it was sweet of Logan to defend me against Mark. The fact he would punch someone out cold because they were hurting me or upsetting me or whatever really shows how much he cares. I'm not saying punching him was the right thing to do though....

I'm listening to his apology and it seems real. I'm still not happy about the whole school knowing that he was with someone last night because everyone is talking about it and wondering who it is and guessing who it is, and it's me.

"Logan" I say once he finishes his apology
"Yes" he says looking into my eyes deeply.
"I don't know if I can do this anymore..."
I see his face drop and I can see in his eyes he is trying to process what I've just said.
"What do you mean?" He says with a croak in his throat.
"This entire secret love is really messing with my head. I can't keep lying and pretending anymore because it's getting too hard! Look at today you punched Mark in the face, what's people going to think? If you want this to still be a secret you really are doing a rubbish job at it!"
"But I thought that we were ok?"
"Exactly, YOU thought we were ok. I mentioned this before to you soooo many times. If being with you means being a lie then I can't do this anymore."
"But Quinn?"
"Let me finish. These lies and secrets and covering up our secret with more lies is getting too much for me mentally and I feel like I might break at some point soon. This is one of the hardest things I've had to do, and I've made some incredible inventions, but I think if you want to keep going on like this then I can't be a part of it"
"Quinn, please don't."
"I'm sorry. Unless you want to come out as a couple, then I can't... can't... can't be with you anymore" tears start to stream from my face. My heart is telling me no, but my brain is telling me yes and I am a brain over heart girl because I'm logical.
"You can't do this Quinn! Please. I love you" Logan starts to cry as well and he grabs my hands.
"I love you too Logan, but it's not enough. If we were truly meant to be together then non of this would matter, but it does and I can't ignore it anymore."
I gesture him towards the door.
"No Quinn. Please, I need you"
"Please don't make this harder than it is."
Logan tries to kiss me and I turn my face the other way. "Quinn" he whispers.
"Goodbye Logan" I say to him as the tears are getting more and more intense.

The second Logan leaves and shuts the door I fall to the ground and just burst into tears, very loud tears. I feel like I'm going to cry forever! I can't breathe properly, my mind is completely blank and my eyes won't stop watering. I can't even stand up, I just want to curl up into a ball and disappear.