Timendi causa est nescire (1)

ignorance is the cause of fear

HANNAH

"This is so unlike my brother," Selene whined while we're lounging on the receiving area of the presidential suite of the hotel Vanya booked for us to stay the night.

"And it is so like my brother," Vanya laughed while swirling the content of her wine glass. She's comfortably seated on the large couch with the drunk Oceane beside her.

When Selene decided to call it a day, hinanap n'ya agad si Carrack at nalaman mula sa personal bodyguard nito na si Henry na umalis na ang kapatid n'ya at ibinilin na lang kami sa mga tauhan n'ya para masigurado na ligtas na makakauwi.

Carrack and Rayleigh went to Japan.

"Ah! Finally," Selene said while facing her phone. "You answer your fucking phone, asshat!" gigil na sabi ni Selene.

All I do was to look at her direction.

I feel dead inside. I can't shake off the disappointed look on Carrack's face.

Hurt and betrayal.

I felt my lips quivering and I quickly wipe my tears away before anyone notice them.

"What the fuck?!" bungad ni Selene sa tinawagan n'ya. She's not drunk pero mukhang nakainom si Selene. She's cursing a lot which she's not been doing the past days.

"What's your problem?" I heard Ryle's amused laughed on the other line. Selene's talking on a loudspeaker kaya naririnig namin ang kausap n'ya.

"Saan mo na naman dinala ang Kuya ko?" galit na tanong ni Selene.

"We're here for business," Ryle chuckled.

"Business my ass," Selene hissed.

"No. I don't like your ass," Ryle laughed. He's drunk. It's obvious. "This ass here is my business."

I gasped when I heard a woman's giggle after a slapping sound.

"Yuck! You're such a pig!'

Ryle laughed. "What can I do? It's a gift. Why would I turn down a fine gift."

"I can't call my brother. Nasaan si Carrack?"

"Enjoying his gift?" Ryle laughed.

"He's not like you," annoyed, Selene answered.

Rayleigh laughed. Halatang parehong lasing ang dalwang magkausap.

"We can't be sure about that Selene," Ryle said. "Anyway, you're wasting my time. Why don't you try and call Icen. He's with us when we flew here."

Selene made a sound similar to a growl when Rayleigh hang up on her.

"Do you really expect na makakausap mo nang matino yang kapatid ko?" Vanya chuckled.

"Rayleigh always answer his phone," Selene rolled her eyes. "And she's my brother's bitch. Palagi s'yang nakadikit kay Carrack."

The two women laughed at the remark.

Hindi ko magawang makisali sa kanila. My head is throbbing at the thought that Carrack is also spending his time with his 'gift'. And he's doing that because he's mad at me. He's hurt with my denial. I can feel the constriction on my chest.

We had a perfect day. What we shared... the intimacy we shared was as great as making love. But I ruined it. I hurt him.

Inaabuso ko na iniintindi n'ya ako. Even I was unreasonable and illogical from him, he's trying to understand and support me. And I abused it. I abused him.