Independence day

Dick POV:

When Batman and I arrived at the Hall of Justice we where the first ones to arrive. I waited with my hand on my hips for everyone else to arrive. Speedy arrived second with his mentor Green Arrow and third Aqualad arrived with his mentor Aquaman. Batman put his hand on my sholder and said: 'Today is the day.' He looked at me with a proud smile.

Green Arrow and Aqualad welkomed us when we heard someone.

' Oh, man!'   We all turned around and saw Kid Flash my best friend and his mentor The Flash arrive. They where late, again. They may be the fastest people allive but they aren't really that good at coming on time.

' I knew we'd be the last ones here.' KF said. I just gave him a smal smile and he smiled back and walked up to me.

We walked up to the Hall of Justice and there were a lot of reporters  and just normal people like fans some asked questions some just stated some facts like: ' Is that Batman?' ' I see Flash and Flash Junior.' ' His name's Speedy. Duh.' ' No Speedy's Green Arrow's sidekick.' ' Well that makes no sense.' 

'Ready to see the inner sanctum?' Green Arrow asked Speedy. He just smiled and answered: ' Born that way.' 

' I'm glad we're all here.' Aqualad said. 

' Have all 4 sidekicks ever been in the same place, at the same time?' KF asked me. I wanted to say that we aren't sidekicks because I knew that all our mentors thought of us as their partners as their equals, well at least I knew Batman thought me as his equal, but Speedy beat me to it.

' Don't call us sidekicks, not after today.' He said. 

' Sorry. First time at the Hall. I'm a little overwhelmed.' KF said excited. 

'' You're overwhelmed, Freeze was underwhelmed. Why isn't anyone just whelmed?'' I asked I may have been living in America for a while now but that dind't mean I completely undestand the English language. We entered the Hall and it was really cool. ''Oh,  maybe that's why.''

----- Time skip to after Speedy left -----

After Speedy left everything went very fast Superman called our mentors because of a fire at Cadmus. I heard that name before Batman had been looking for information about it. But when Zatara called about another problem they left to help him. They said that the Fire department could handle it. 

Batman turned to us and said to stay put. '' What? why?'' I asked. Aquaman said it was a League mission. And Flash said that we weren't trained. ' Since when?' KF asked offended. ' I meant you're not trained to work as part of this team.' They explained that there would be other missions we could go on for when we are ready.  ' But for now stay put.' Batman said to us. I looked at Batman while he walked away thinking 'really Bruce you let me go on missions in Gotham and even with the League of Assassins but not with this?!'

' When we're ready? How are we ever suppose to be ready when they treat us like, like sidekicks?' KF yelled frustrated. I was thinking while Aqualad said something that's why I only caught him saying: ' What else aren't they telling us?'

I wanted to ask why we didn't leave with Speedy but I knew that wouldn't have done anything good ether.

' What is project Cadmus?' Aqualad asked while looking at me.

'' Don't know, but I can find out.'' I said smirking. I walked to the computer and started hacking the computer said acces denied I just laughed and said ' Wanna bet.' I typed really fast and files started to open on the screen. ' Whoa how are you doing that?' KF asked. '' Same system as the Batcave.'' I answered smiling. '' Alright project Cadmus. Genetics lab here in D.C. That's all there is, but if Batman is suspicious, maybe we- you know should investigate.'' KF was excited when I said that, we later on decited to go prove we are ready to work as a team.