Until...When?

"I'll see you later okay?"

That phrase has been Kei's favorite parting words since we slept with each other. He always emphasizes the 'okay?' as if I'm going to change my mind and throw myself off a cliff somewhere.

I'm not...but the thought is tempting.

He's still having me try new things as of late and today we're stargazing on the school's rooftop on a large blanket.

"The view from up here is amazing." I breathe out as I look at the stars. "Not even just the sky. You can see a good part of Sendai- not all of it obviously. But it's nice. This would be the place I'd like to see last before I die."

"Now why the hell would you say that?" Kei groans, pulling me closer to him and cupping my face. "I don't want to hear you joke about stuff like that anymore. Okay?"

"No promises." I smile and he quickly leans forward to peck my lips.

"You're smile is so beautiful."

Well that came out of nowhere.

My cheeks heat up and I turn away from him to look back up at the sky.

"I have a confession." He starts and I raise an eyebrow as I look at him. "I know this isn't the right time or anything but...I've liked you since we were first years."

It's quiet for a few seconds while I process what he says. Once it settles in my mind my head snaps towards him.

"What?"

"Yeah...when we got into high school the boys would always talk about you. How pretty you were, how tall you were...but because you're so indifferent to everything the talk eventually died down. I always thought you were gorgeous but never said anything. I think that's why when I saw you on the bridge that day I couldn't help but to interfere. I didn't know much about you, and I honestly had no idea if it was actually you, but my body reacted quicker than my mind. I wasn't sure if you were the same person at school either- and it's such a weird coincidence. But I'm happy I did help you because now I can be here. With a stunning view and the stars." He says and I sit up.

He's known about me all this time? Like actually knew about me and even liked me?

"Why didn't you ever approach me?" I ask in disbelief but he chuckles.

"I was a very different guy when I was a first year. Even if I had talked to you then, I wouldn't have acted the way I do to you now. I'm a lot better with my emotions than I was before. At least to the people I like." He sits up as well and I frown.

"I'm a bit sad now." I admit. "It would have been really nice to have you back then."

Kei puts his hand on the back of my head and brings me in for a long, sweet kiss.

"I'm sorry for making you wait. But I'm here now." He says quietly and my eyes soften.

Ah, damn it. He's too cute.

Kei pulls me into his lap and we make small talk about anything and everything while we just sit there, looking out at the sky.

Earlier I was a bit worried since Yachi has been giving me dirty looks all week and I had found out that she's in his class. Again today she told me that I should 'count my blessings' because they'll be gone soon.

I really don't understand, but I don't want to tell Kei either and make him even more stressed out than he already is. With nationals coming up for him and I know he's already worried about me and my mental health- I don't want to add onto that.

But Yachi and Kei wouldn't even look good together. She would literally look like his child, that much of a height difference is so weird.

I hope nothing bad happens. I really just want to be happy with him.

"So what do you plan on doing after high school?" He asks and I lean my head back on his shoulder, my back already leaning on his chest. "Should we go to the same university? If you plan on going to college that is."

I tense up, my eyes slightly widening as I think about that.

"O-Oh...haha." I unwrap his arms from me and turn around to face him, nervously tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear. "I kind of didn't take any exams to go to college."

I avoid eye contact with him as soon as I see his expression turning into one of shock.

"What??? What do you mean you didn't take the exams? What job did you expect to get without at least some form of higher education? Even basic office jobs are getting competiti-"

"I didn't even plan on seeing graduation! Okay? I was not supposed to be here even now. So no, I didn't take the stupid exams. I already feel bad enough about it so please stop lecturing me." I sigh and put my head in my hands.

The moment I told Kei that I want to graduate with him and agreed that we can do a lot together after graduation- I felt like this. I felt guilty because I never made any life long plans that could benefit me or him.

Kei is smart. Extremely smart and he has the goals and ambition that I never had in my entire life. The more I think about it and the closer we get to graduation, the more I can't help but feel like things will go downhill.

He's not going to want to be with me. It'll be a burden to him to have me just by his side not doing anything. Not to mention it wouldn't look good.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to lecture you." He says softly and I feel his arms wrap around me, soothingly rubbing my back. "Maybe you could still take them? If there's a late fee I'll pay it for you."

"No, I already called and they're not allowing students to take them anymore." I mumble, moving my hands to bury my face in his chest. "I'm sorry."

"No, no, no. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have gone off on you like that." He sighs and kisses my forehead. "It doesn't matter if you don't go to college. That just means you can be my full time cheerleader at all of my games, okay? I better see you at each and every one of them."

A small chuckle leaves his lips and I look up at him with a small nod.

"Okay. I'll try to figure something out." I gulp but he just cups my face and pecks my lips.

"Honestly, there's no need. I think this is a good thing. I want to take care of you, if that's okay."

A huge tsunami of emotions hits me as soon as he finishes his words and I can feel my eyes tear up.

Does he even know what he's saying? He wants to take care of me after graduation? For how long exactly? Does he really see a future with me?

"Until when?" I ask quietly and he laughs. A full blown laugh coming from the belly.

"There's no 'until' anything. I want t- I'm going to take care of you." He grins and I close my eyes tightly before wrapping my arms around him and squeezing.

"O-Okay! Then I'll take care of you too!" I promise and he smiles as he wraps his arms around me as well. "I can cook pretty well. And I'm sure cleaning isn't that har-"

"I'm not asking you to be a maid." He cuts me off and I pull away, pouting.

"I...but I want to do something for you too." I say quietly and his eyes instantly soften.

"Okay, whatever you want." He replies quickly and I laugh before pecking his lips.

Ah...this feels amazing.

"We should get home, it's getting late. Want to spend the night again?" He asks and helps me stand up.

"I better not, last time your brother almost caught us. I'll just see you tomorrow, okay?" I ask and he chuckles before nodding.

"Alright. See you tomorrow."