My First Indulgence

Despite my brother's visit turning out slightly okay in the end, I couldn't help but feel worse the next morning when I woke up. Seeing him and hearing why he was abusive made me even more depressed.

But hey, at least I'm depressed in a hotel room rather than being depressed on a random bench outside.

It's been a few days and I still haven't been able to shake this feeling off so I've been useless. I haven't been to school and Seiji came back the next day to pay for my phone bill and I haven't been answering Tsukishima's texts either.

I haul myself up from bed and take a quick shower. As soon as I step out I get a call. Not recognizing the phone number I'm about to decline but decide to answer anyways.

"Hello?"

"Oh! You picked up." The boy cheers. "It's Yamaguchi, I got your number from Tsukki's phone if that's okay. He doesn't know though." He chuckles and I hum.

"Can I help you?" I put the phone on speaker as I dry myself and get clothed.

"I'm not sure if you know this but it's Tsukki's birthday today. The volleyball team is going over to his house for dinner, can you come? I know you guys haven't been talking lately so I wanted to surprise him...well, that is if you guys aren't on bad terms."

My eyes slightly widen and I sit down as I begin brushing out my hair. It's his birthday? Why didn't he say something?

Well...I was ignoring him anyways. Argh, now I feel like an ass.

"We aren't on bad terms. I just wasn't feeling well. I'd like to come if it's okay, but I have to buy a present first. What does he like?"

"Ah! Hinata is driving me and Kageyama to the mall so we can buy presents too. Wanna come? We'll pick you up!" Yamaguchi sounds excited and I can't help but smile a little.

"Sure, I'll meet you at the school?" I ask and we agree at a time before hanging up.

...Hinata drives?

~

"I don't know what he would like. I want to get him something nice but you guys just keep saying he'll like anything." I groan, looking through the action figure section of the store we're in.

"That's 'cuz he will like anything. If it comes from you anyway." Kageyama scoffs and I ignore the heat rising in my cheeks.

"Ooh! What about you give him a kiss?" Hinata pops up in front of me with a smirk.

"A kiss?!" I take a step away from him, looking at him like he's crazy.

A kiss? A kiss! Why would I ever do that?

"Mm! Teenage boys love kisses. The first birthday I shared with Tobio, I gave him a kiss as my present." Hinata states proudly.

I look over at Kageyama and see that his cheeks are red but he looks annoyed.

I didn't even know they were dating.

"Ya gave me a kiss because you were broke and couldn't afford a present! You admitted that 3 minutes after you stupid dummy!"

"What teenager isn't broke???"

"Um, Tsukishima-San and I aren't like that..." I trail off but all three boys look at me like I'm the crazy one.

"You aren't like that yet because you haven't given him his birthday kiss. Duh." Hinata grins and before I can respond I hear the sound of my phone going off.

Saved.

I quickly excuse myself, walking out the store to take the call. When I see the caller ID my face scrunches up.