I Don't Like Her

Tsukishima + Yamaguchi 3rd Person

"Okay just admit it already."

Tsukishima looks up at his friend from his stance in front of the mirror, raising a brow.

"And what am I supposed to admit?" He asks, watching as the amusement in his friend's eyes only grows.

"You like her don't you? Imada-San?"

The question takes Tsukishima by surprise but he absolutely refuses to show it, not even showing the slightest bit of hesitancy through his movements.

What would made Yamaguchi ask such a question anyways?

"You're delusional." Tsukishima responds, buttoning up the shirt he conveniently bought recently.

He didn't buy it specifically for this outing he had with Imada tonight. Definitely not. That'd be crazy.

...

"Really? 'Cuz the picture I took of you guys last week holding hands says differently." Yamaguchi shrugs and it's only then that Tsukishima turns around and narrows his eyes at his friend.

"Yamaguchi..." He trails off, slight warning but also panic lacing his tone.

"Hey- I'm the only one who saw and I haven't told anyone. I was just in the area and saw you guys walking and holding hands." Yamaguchi explains and even holds his hands up in surrender.

Tsukishima sighs, turning back towards the mirror as he spritzes some cologne.

"I don't like her. Really." He says, plopping down on his bed next to the curious green haired boy. "She's just...interesting. I worry about her so I always want to see her and make sure she's okay."

"Huh? Why wouldn't she be okay?" Yamaguchi asks and that's when Tsukishima realizes he spoke without thinking.

"Well I didn't really mean-"

"It doesn't matter. You like her." Yamaguchi cuts him off, a wide grin taking over his face. "Ah, I'm so excited! And you can't even deny it because I'm your best friend."

Tsukishima glares at the boy and his cheeks turn slightly pink.

"You're sick in the head." He says though Yamaguchi just scoffs.

"Cry about it."

It's silent for a few seconds before Tsukishima's shoulders slump and he leans forward, resting his elbows on his knees.

"I don't...I really don't like her. Not yet anyways. Though I do know that I am starting to care a lot about her and it kind of scares me." Tsukishima groans, sitting up straight and looking up at the ceiling. "I just want to see her happy."

"Oh you're whipped." Yamaguchi gasps.

Tsukishima falls down on his back, the corners of his lips slightly turning upwards.

Tsukishima honestly and wholeheartedly meant his words. Even though Imada hadn't told him what she's gone through, he knows it must be rough enough to constantly think that not being in this lifetime anymore is better than anything else.

Of course to Yamaguchi, who knows nothing about how his friend and the girl really met, it just seems like Tsukishima has a crush. But that's okay, Tsukishima thinks. Yamaguchi doesn't need to know the details, he's okay with letting his friend believe that he's completely head over heels for this girl that he's only known for a short while.

Because, who knows? There's a first to everything.

"I'm kind of surprised though because don't you like girls with a bigger chest?" Yamaguchi asks thoughtfully, recalling the conversation they had many years ago about their preferences on women. "She doesn't really seem to...have a lot? Ew, gross. I sound like an asshole."