Akkun???

"You've been working hard lately, I'm happy you're coming around more."

I turn around to face the person talking to me as I brush out my wet hair.

"Thanks for everything you're doing for me Akkun, really." I smile.

"Stop thanking me. I'd do anything for you, I owe you that much." Akkun chuckles, tossing me a sweater of theirs.

I've known Akkun since I was little. I didn't really talk to them much, but they own their own gym and so I've been coming here a lot to use the showers.

They don't know a lot about my current situation, but they never asked questions either. They're honestly one of the reasons I've survived this long (not factoring in the way I've tried to off myself before).

"Stop by after your shift to pick up your uniform, it should be washed by then." Akkun says as they walk me to the entrance of the gym, leaning against the doorframe as I turn to them.

"Sure, thanks again."

"Have fun. 'M proud of you kid." Akkun ruffles my hair before disappearing back into the establishment.

A small smile comes across my lips as I turn around, smoothing down my hair.

I'm going to miss Akkun a lot...

"Who's that?"

I jump, freezing in my tracks at the voice. I look up to see Tsukishima just a few feet away.

"What are you doing here?" I ask as I try to calm my racing heart. He scared me.

"Is that your boyfriend?" He ignores me.

"Akkun? That's just-"

"I didn't think you'd be into guys like that." Tsukishima scrunches his face and I raise an eyebrow, crossing my arms.

"Oh? And what exactly is a guy like that?" I ask.

"Older?? Dude, he looks like a fuckboy."

For some reason Tsukishima seems more shocked than I'd imagine he'd be. He almost seems offended.

A heavy sigh leaves my lips and I start walking, him quickly falling into step beside me.

"Akkun is a girl." I note, and the reaction on his face is not disappointing.

"A what?" He asks, blinking at me. "But...her hair is really short."

"Yeah?"

"She's tall. Like- extremely tall. You're tall and she's taller than you!" He breathes out but I just stare at him. "And she's hot? Like, very good looking. And muscular."

"Yeah. They are hot." I agree, slightly narrowing my eyes at him. "You interested?"

"I'm straight." He deadpans.

"They're a woman!" I lightly hit his chest but smile a bit. "And a lesbian anyways."

Tsukishima hums, rubbing the back of his head as he lets out a breath.

"So why are you roaming the streets? Aren't you supposed to be at practice?" I ask as we walk, our shoulders continuously bumping into each other because I can't walk in a straight line to save my life.

"It was canceled. I was looking for someplace to buy a quick snack. What are you doing?"

"I'm heading to work." I say but he stops walking, grabbing my hand.

"You got a job?" He asks and I look at him in confusion.

"Yeah..." I trail off, looking away from him. "Um, you always want to do stuff that costs money so..."