Fuck my morals...

A/n: Hey! For those AO3 readers with me, I'm starting school soon so I don't think I'll update that much.

~~~

I left the next morning after I got information on my mission from Machi. My goal was to grab a set of jewelry that was passed on to the offspring of a wealthy family. Nobunaga informed me that he will be watching and observing but he won't help.

The first part of the mission was fine, traveling was easy and tracking down the target was simple. Considering that the target family consisted of someone who liked to boast about his wealth to those less fortunate than him. He wasn't a good person, therefore I don't feel bad for what he's about to loss. Hopefully it will teach him something, we all know it probably won't though.

After I got the item I was on my way leaving before I heard footsteps that were Nobunaga's. "The smart thing to do would be to come and face me," the person said coming closer.

Nobody seemed to realize I enter the building and no alarms were blaring so how could they have known I was here? I paused what I was doing and held my breath, checking to make sure my nen wasn't noticeable. Maybe I let some go while I was grabbing the item?

I didn't have time to think the guy busted the door open and stepped inside, he held a whip and had a gun on his waist. Nobunaga was outside the house so there was so way for him to interfere. I glanced around the small area we were in, there was the window I came in from but it was closed and a staff member was sure to pass by soon.

"Kid, listen I'll cut you some slack. Just hand over the jewelry and you'll get away with jail time," he sighed extending his hand and stepping towards me.

I pursed my lips together, "How did you know I was here.."

"I heard the door opening," he said waving his hand, "Now back for what I was saying," he took another step towards me.

I stepped back towards the window, a maid was passing it at the moment, I had to wait a bit longer.
I looked back at the man and smiled, "Sorry I think there must be a miss understanding. You see I'm friend wi-"

"Nice try, I'm informed of all friends who come in and out of this place." He sighed and tightened his grip on his weapon, "I really don't want to beat a child but if I have to I will."

He raised his arm and flung his whip at me. I moved out of the way of the next two attacks, and after 3 attacks he started to lose his calm.

"How the hell are you dodging this," he growled swiping faster than before.

I focused on dodging to buy time, but it was becoming harder to dodge because of the speed the guy was going at. As I moved I was late and my arm was about to get hit, I used nen to protect it from the blow. He stopped moving then.

"So your not a normal kid, I guess it'll be fine to rough you up a bit then," he threw down his whip and pulled out a baton I hadn't noticed before. He enhanced it using his nen and aimed it at me, "Can't say I didn't give you a chance to get away easy."

He started to hit me with the baton and because of the close distance it was harder to dodge so I took majority of the hits. I started trying to go in for attacks but he lessened and blocked most of them. He took a break and stood across from me breathing heavily from the repetitive movement.

I know my arms were starting to bruise but compared to the torture I endured in the basement this didn't make me want to stop. It still hurt a lot. I used this time to examine him again looking for a good place I would be able to strike. I noticed his left arm seemed to be getting tired so I'll use that against him.

"Why won't you give up yet, damn," he

When he went to strike again I blocked his arm and kicked him back by his stomach. He stumbled back almost knocking over a nightstand, as he tried to steady it but I punched him multiple times causing him to drop his weapon and the stand.

Now I know with the thud I had limited amount of time to finish this. The guy had seen my face if he survived he would be able to spread my description around. He would be putting me and the troupe in danger. I stood over him and knees his face causing him to fall backwards.

"Sorry, this is nothing personal."

I charged up my punch and hit him in the stomach, charged up again and hit his neck. I charged up but held it staring at him on the ground, he looked helpless. Maybe I shouldn't..

I heard footsteps coming towards the room. I charged up halfway and punched him in his skull, hoping that would be enough I ran out of the window.

~~~

While traveling back with Nobunaga he informed me that he had seen everything transpire in the room.

"I didn't want to step in because you need to learn how to deal with those type of situations," he said facing straight ahead.

"How did I do?"

"Not well, you could have saved yourself from a lot of those," he pointed towards my bruises, "if you had just killed him from the beginning."

I dropped my head a bit embarrassed. Why was killing someone so easy for him. Maybe I should ask Kalluto once I get back to base..

~~~

A/n: Once again Im really sorry for the incoming of slow updates. It's going to be my first year of high school so yeah.