Training begins...

They let me sleep in a regular bed for that night and the days after it they took care of me and made sure that my wounds healed properly and that I ate proper nutritious foods. It reminded me of the care Aunt Mito used to give me when I was sick... I'm going to miss seeing her every day.

After 3 days of healing and resting in the bed I was back to almost normal strength and health. Nobunaga already told everyone in the troupe about me being the new member and my situation with nen. A few of them didn't approve of me joining but they didn't have much of a say.

The persons who say did matter was Chrollo Lucilfer's. If he said I couldn't join it would take very little convincing to get the other members to side with him. Nobunaga said because of that I should start training and trying to get my nen back.

I sat up on the bed and stretches my arms out as my door opened and Kalluto came in.

"You can't sleep in here anymore, Shizuku and Bonolenov are coming back from a mission later tonight and one of them might need this room," he said without breaking eye contact, "Be sure you wash the bed sheets and make it before that time."

He left the room immediately after I gave him a thumbs up, shutting the door softly behind him.

~~~

After I finished doing what I had to do I went downstairs to meet Nobunaga and eat something for breakfast.

"Took you long enough," he sighed standing in front of the door, "take this and let's get moving."

He tossed me a granola bar and walked out the door without waiting for an answer. I quickly jogged out after him and saw him entering the forest surrounding the house. Not wanting to lose him in the vast forest I quickly ran after him while opening my breakfast.

We arrived at a clearing in the woods where there was a tree stomp in the middle of it.

"I'm going to have you collect items and bring them back here," he took a list of out his pocket, "I want all the items to be here in an hour. If anything is missing don't expect to sleep inside tonight."

I grabbed the list and quickly scanned over them items he had asked for me to bring. It seemed able to be complete in that frame but I was going to have to rush.

"Okay, when do I start?" I ask looking away from the list.

"You were supposed to start 2 minutes ago," he said sitting down in the stump.

I nodded and read the first item on the list, two bundles of birch wood which was found about 2 miles south from where we were, according to the paper.

Using the sun to help me figure out where south was, I took off in that direction. I'm about 5 minutes I arrived at where I needed to be, I climbed up tree by tree and collected branches that were long enough to fit in between my arms without falling. I grabbed all I needed and ran back to the meet up spot.

When I got there Nobunaga had brought a basket and left it on the stump he sat on earlier but he wasn't there. I place s the sticks down next to the stump and looked at the list again. Next item was a basket of the black berries 1.5 miles east of here.

I grabbed the basket and took of in that direction. I found an area with clusters of berries and began picking them as fast as I could. It took about 15 minutes to grab it all and get there meaning I had 25 minutes left to come oke te the next item.

As I was running back to the stump I noticed another pair of foot steps were following me from a distance. I stopped and looked around but the footsteps stopped with me. I began to doubt they were even footsteps to begin with and continued back to the location.

I arrived and saw the sticks were gone and there was a container. According to the list I had to fill this up with a herb that was found a mile away from here that grew near the bottom of trees. I turned to go that way but I noticed a face looking at me through the forest. I squinted my eyes to try and see who it was but they noticed I was looking and ducked away.

I decided to ignore it for now and tell Nobunaga about it when I saw him again. Whoever it was made me feel really uneasy, almost like they were letting out their bloodlust with nen.

I quickly finished my last task and came back to see Nobunaga sitting in the stump.

"Good job kid, you got everything in 57 minutes," he said standing up and walking to me. He leaned down and whispered in my ear while pretending to grab the water container, "you sense their presence to right?"

I nodded and let him hold the container only for him to give it back to me.

"Go rest the water down, I'll deal with whoever's out here," he said patting me on the back walking behind me.

"I can help," I said before he can walk away. I turned to face him, "im still pretty strong and-"

I was interrupted by him laughing at me, "Kid you got some balls there, but don't let your confidence get you killed."

And with that he continued walking towards the forest. I watched him enter and made my way back to the house with the container of herbs.

~~~

A/n: I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far..!