Old friends...

A/n: Part 20, milestone! :D

~~~

It's been almost 24 hours since my torturing session and I already feel much better. Nobunaga had texted me the information he was able to find about my targets. It turns out that at least one of them would be heading to a special dinner occurring tonight.

All I needed to do was scout out the location, recognize them and kill them before anyone could see me. If anyone does happen to witness that, there's nothing to fret about because they'll soon be joining her.

I put on a black shirt and pants, slipped on my athletic shoes and pulled a dark green hoodie on so I can try to conceal my identity as much as possible.

Walking outside my apartment I noticed it was already really dark, the light pollution from the city making it impossible to see the stars. I started to walk to the location where I would meet Marylin Wallberry.

Usually the city is still active at night, but the road that I was on was almost completely empty besides the passing of a car occasionally.

Arriving at my location I stayed two buildings away and waited, observing the side walk and street; keeping an eye out for Marylin. Soon I noticed a car park further down the block from where I stood and saw someone get out before opening the passenger seat door. Out came the familiar bright aquamarine hair along with an amazing dress.

She advances towards the building but then I notice two other guards behind her. Pretending to be occupied on my phone I tried to get a better look at the guards but failed. I made sure to hide my aura well before they arrived so they shouldn't suspect me until it was to late.

She walked right in front of me when I moved, aiming a punch right at her head. I was immediately thrown backwards before I got an inch closer to her skull.

One of the guards must've put a protection technique on her; the thought ran through my mind quickly as I lunged at one of them. They were easy to kill since it was so unexpected, a punch straight to the heart.

The guard next to him pulled out a gun and shot three times. One whizzed by my head taking off my hoodie, another missed and the last one grazed my arm. I knocked the gun out her hand and grabbed her throat, crushing it and throwing her aside.

I face my target and see her quivering next to the last guard, who looked very familiar. I pushed that thought back and used ja ja ken, paper towards them. At such a short distance it should blow a non-nen user to pieces.

Instead the guard managed to move her abs him away from the blast. That's when it clicked, this guard was Knuckle, by the look in his face I'm sure he's recognized me already to.

That thought made me hesitate and he reached towards me trying to make contact. I moved back as quickly as I could, a sharp reminder that his nen ability is activated once he touches me.

"Gon, is that really you?" He asked as we stood in front of each other.

"Perhaps," I said, glancing towards the girl who was looking between the both of us, "Since were such good friends... do you think you'll let me complete my job?"

"What the hell happened to you?" He replied ignoring my question. His eyes seemed to be fuller with disgust and confusion.

I took a step towards him keeping my aura at a non intimidating level, "I don't have much time for chit chat right now. We could catch up later I just have to get my target."

I threw another ball of nen at them but he dodged it again, with the girl right at his hips. I sighed before noticing that he was currently in line with the building he was supposed to be going to. If he commanded her to run for help I would be done for.

"I'm not going to let you ki-" he was interrupted by me letting my aura spike like crazy.

In that split second he was stunned i through there nen balls his direction, so he would have no choice but to save himself or sacrifice himself to protect her.

As they made impact with his body I saw he had chosen the second option. Using his aura to create a barrier, though since that wasn't his expertise it wasn't that good. He seemed to have taken the impact of that blast a bit, and I know that even that much would hurt like a bitch.

As I was about to make my next attack I noticed that I started to feel very disoriented. Thats when I started to notice another aura very close to us, yet I couldn't pinpoint where it was originating from.

I started to work on my defense more than offense and looked around everywhere I could for someone else. Doing defense and scouting at the same time was to much for me and I felt a blow from Knuckle land as he activated his nen ability. Shit.

The little nen beast appeared next to me and upon looking at the number on it's stomach I felt my eyes almost pop out of my head. The number was a whopping 10,000 meaning that it was going to go up fast and that my nen reserves better be high.

"It appears the end of this fight is approaching," A female voice said and I was finally able to pinpoint the other person. They were a female with blonde hair but that was about all I was able to make out through the disorientation and the amount of sunlight.

I decided that it would be better for me to leave and come back once I'm able to kill Knuckle fast, or else his nen ability would immobilize me before I could land a single hit on him. With my vision swaying I managed to make out the sidewalk ahead of me, and made a mad dash in the opposite way of Knuckle and his coworker.

They did not chase after me.