Makeups and explanations...

A/n: Thanks so much for 1k views!

~~~

I went to sleep with the idea that when I wake up I was going to go back to the phantom troupe and ask for some advice. My plans came to an unexpected end when I heard knocking at my front door as I awoke. I closed my eyes and waited for whoever was at my door to leave, only to be greeted with louder knocking sounds.

I sat up in bed and made my way to my front door not even bothering to ask who it was before opening. I was met with an angry pair or light blue eyes and felt myself being pushed back. Out of instinct I grabbed the person's arms and held it tight, stopping them from touching me more.

"What they hell is wrong with you!" They cried out thrashing in my grip.

"Alluka? What are you doing here? How did you even find my apartment?"

"Why did you say those things to Killua?" Alluka had stopped struggling but still had an angry glare in her eyes and a disappointed tone.

"What? Oh," I sighed, "It's to early for this, go back home."

"No! I will not leave unless your coming with me," Alluka screamed stopping me from closing the door, "And you will apologize to my big brother because what you said was out of line!"

She began to ramble about how rude I acted last night and I was starting to get agitated. With everything that I just learned I really didn't need to be dealing with this at the moment. I would rather if Alluka didn't get me in trouble with the apartment landlord before I left for causing a commotion, but she did seem to be one to get what she wants...

"Why are you here and not Killua if he wants me to apologize so badly?"

Alluka stopped and sighed and spoke, "You really are selfish." I was about to speak on that comment before she stopped me, "You finally meet him after not talking to him for years, insult him, and expect him to come running here begging for another apology?"

I opened my mouth to say something but I couldn't think of anything to say. Alluka continued, "I did this because of how highly he spoke of you while you guys were separated... He missed you Gon and I know you missed him, yeah you guys are going to have to talk about what happened and why you guys didn't meet up for so long but that doesn't mean you guys can just use that opportunity to let out all your frustrations."

I raised an eyebrow and stared at Alluka. She seems way to wise for her age. I let go of Alluka's arms and saw her rub them.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to grab so tightly," I sighed, "Give me a few minutes to get ready."

Alluka nodded as I closed the door and leaned against it, sighing. I know yesterday got a bit out of control and it really was my fault, Killua was just trying to help. I felt my phone buzz a few times but ignored it not wanting to deal with whoever was messaging me. I stood up straight and made my way to my bathroom to do my hair and brush my teeth.

~~~

I stare at the door as Alluka knocks on it demanding that she is let inside this instant. Apparently when she heard what happened she stormed out without thinking to grab her keys. Standing here gave me time to think of some ways I could start my apology but none of them really explained how I really felt about all of this.

The door was unlocked and Alluka opened the door but didn't step inside, instead she turned towards me and stepped aside motioning me into the room. I tried to take a deep breath but it came out in multiple short breaths. I stepped in the door frame and saw Killua standing there with an expressionless face.

"Uhm. Hey. Killua," was all I managed to say. He didn't say anything in return, instead just stared at me, I turned to look at Alluka for some help but she stood there with her arms crossed, glaring at me.

I took a deep breath and tried again, "I'm going to be honest, at the moment I'm not sorry, but in the future I know I will be. I was in the wrong saying what I did and I let my frustration speak for me. You were only trying to help, I'm sorry for lashing out on you."

There was a bit of silence before Killua let out a scoff and shook his head, "What kind of apology was that?"

I shrugged and but kept looking at him, waiting for him to accept it. After a few moments Killua sighed and signaled for me to come in while he went outside to talk to Alluka. I hesitantly stepped inside and watched him close the door slightly so that I wouldn't hear their conversation.

Killua came back in and closed the door completely behind him, "Okay, if you want me to forgive you, your going to have to explain why you acted that way yesterday, no bull shit."

I felt myself stiffen up. How much was he expecting me to tell him, how much should I tell him? Is he going to try and arrest me right now? Will I have to physically fight Killua? Would I even win in that scenario?

"Gon." I snapped my attention to Killua who was staring at me intently, "What happened while we were separated?"

I calmed myself down and began explaining to Killua the events that took place after our departure. I was sure to be very brief on the training I went through and decided not to mention Illumi. I told about him how I was trained to build resistance to certain things and about the mission that involved the gem and the old guard. While I explained that part I saw Killua grimace, I'm not sure if it's at the thought of me having the mindset to killing someone or because I didn't do it properly.

When I finished we stood in silence for a bit. I stared at the ground, the same place I've been staring since I started explaining.

"Gon," Killua began, "You know as well as I do that you can't stay on the Troupe. You've got to leave it."

I sighed, "You can't, once your a member you have to either die one or get replaced by someone who kills you."

Killua stepped closer to me, "Gon, you've got to find a way. What those people did to you isn't showing compassion, you should know this better than anyone else."

I shook my head and made eye contact with him, "They did it with my best interest in mind, they cared for me while no one else didn't-"

"What about Mito?" Killua exclaimed, interrupting me, "Mito cared for you and you know it!"

"Only because she had to, when Ging left me with her she didn't have a choice," I whispered. I clenched my fist and felt my eyes water up, I haven't thought about my Aunt ever since I left. I had never sent her a letter.

"Gon we both know that isn't true," Killua took more steps towards me, sympathy shown in his face and heard in his tone.

I took a few deep breaths before answering, "Enough about the troupe and who does and doesn't care about me. What about you job?"

Killua stopped walking towards me and looked away, "Well.. I really need the money I'm getting from this. The rent here is more expensive than our last place. But I get paid weekly, regardless of if we catch the gu- I mean you or not," Killua looked at me, "In that case, I have no clue who our target could be yet, and your still my best friend."

I grinned and stepped towards Killua, watching his ocean blue eyes carefully as I extended my arms around him for an embrace. He accepted it with no hesitation and wrapped his arms around me also. I whispered a thank you and his response was just a tighter hug.

I pulled back and quickly said, "But I still have to talk to the troupe about what I should do. I'll still be in York New so don't worry about anything alright?"

Killua frowned but nodded, "If that's what you want to do, I can't stop you."

I nodded and walked towards his front door. I waved before opening it and feeling Alluka fall against my chest. She stood up quickly and apologized for stumbling. I frowned knowing that she was eves dropping but accepted her apology.

I was in the elevator when I decided to check my phone since it was still buzzing from notifications. I frowned upon seeing that it was messages talking about the guy who survived, most of them from Nobunaga and Kalluto but there was one from Chrollo that read:

Get your ass here now.

~~~

A/n: Hope y'all forgive me for the chaos that happened last chapter.

~~~