Part 21

A few minutes later Dr. Bellum came back with a cup. I could smell it instantly and could tell it was going to taste extremely sweet. I reached out to grab it from her but she handed it to mommy instead. I had expected that but was still upset that I couldn't just have it right away. I go to grab it from her and she just chuckles patting my head.

"Come down sweetie I gotta pour it into a sippy cup." I watched as she poured it into a sippy cup. I wasn't proud of it but for a split second, I was trying to figure out who she was going to give the sippy cup to before I realized it was for me. I was just so used to using bottles I wasn't used to the idea of a sippy cup. I was tempted to ask her to just put it in a bottle instead but didn't want to seem needy. She hands the sippy cup to me and I greedily start to gulp it down. It was super sweet and had a fruity flavor to it that I couldn't place. Even though I wouldn't be able to explain the taste I knew I liked it and wanted more after I had finished it.

"More please," I said holding the sippy cup out so she could refill it. 

"That's all kiddo I wanna make sure your stomach is able to handle what you already had just to be safe." Commander Brunt said.

"But it was only a few drops!" I protested. Dr. Bellum rolled her eyes taking the sippy cup out of my hand and onto the table.

"It was more than a few drops don't be dramatic." 

"But I'm gonna die if I don't have more. I'm still so thirsty I feel myself slipping away into the darkness." As I said it I had a hard time not bursting out into giggles as I pretended to faint though it was kind of hard to do so while being held.

"We should probably get you back in your room so Dr. Bellum can check you out then-"

"No, I was just kidding!" I said popping back up. 

Commander Brunt locked eyes with Dr. Bellum, "I don't you don't look too good maybe we should head back." Dr. Bellum said in a teasing tone.

"Now your just being mean!" I said pouting and then shrieked as I was tickled.

"Oh, I'll show you what mean is!" Commander Brunt said as began to tickle my tummy. I squirmed trying to get away while laughing.

"Please stop it's too much you're not supposed to hurt your baby!" I said through a giggle, and the tickling stopped.

"Oh, so you're my baby huh?" Commander Brunt said brushing the hair out of my face that had gotten in the way when I had been squirming. I blushed and gave a small nod. My blush grew bigger as she brought her mouth up to my ear.

"I like the sound of that." She whispered, and then gave me a quick kiss on the forehead.

"Come on let's get going. We can look around a few stores, let you pick out a few things. If you're good I'll let you pick out a snack to bring back for later, though I'm sure you will be since you're my good little girl.

"I will be heading back to my lab you two have fun." Dr. Bellum said.

"You're not coming too?" I asked.

"Unfortunately no, unlike your mommy I can't get out of doing work so easily."

"Quit complaining Bellum, I do plenty of work."

"Well it's true," she said before turning to me. Make sure you keep your mommy in check. She has a habit of being forgetful." Dr. Bellum said patting my head.

"I am not!" Commander Brunt said, but it was hard to hear her over my laughter. As I laughed I couldn't help but think they were like a married couple. They were always arguing but it was also clear they had a fondness for each other, though I couldn't tell if it was just as friends or not. I was kind of tempted to ask what exactly their relationship was but I knew better not to, especially in public, besides it was none of my business.

"You ready to look around baby?"