Chapter 1

"Miiiiiild," Gun whined, tugging on her sleeves. "Please, please, PLEASE! Just go to Off's game with me!"

Mild pulls away from her best friend's grasp and glares down at him, clearly annoyed... but Gun couldn't care less. "Why me? You can invite Newwie. Tay's also playing so I bet he'd want to go so he can drool over him." She rolled her eyes.

Gun frowned. No, no!

He has to convince Mild to go with him to the game... He sighs. "And why do you not want to go?" He asked. He thought he saw Mild freeze for a moment, but he decided to think it was just his imagination.

"No reason. I'm just... not in the mood."

Gun sat silent, lips pursed. Okay. She's acting weird. What the hell?

Gun inhaled sharply. He has to convince her, in any way possible. Why is Gun trying so hard to get Mild to go to the game with him, you ask? Because Gun is Off's wingman. Gun is Off's key to successfully getting Off and Mild together.

Off has liked Mild since... forever. Since childhood, wherever Mild was, you'd see Off right beside her. All. The. Time. He was always doing what she wanted him to do, getting her what she wanted to have, and basically just... yeah, you get what I mean.

In fact, the first time Gun met Off and Mild was when he saw Off sitting on a tree branch, shaking and crying as if it was the end of his life. Mild was at the bottom, staring up at him and containing her laugh. Apparently, Mild had wanted to try climbing up a tree, and Off, wanting to impress her and show how cool he was, decided he was gonna demonstrate how to do it. Forgetting his fear of heights, Off climbed the tree and reached the first branch, sat down on it, and looked down at Mild, smiling triumphantly... only for it to go away after he realized what he just did.

Ever since that day, Gun has hung out with two of them, three of them becoming best friends since the age of 6, 7, and 9.

Gun smiles at the memory.

"What are you smiling about?" Mild asks, flicking Gun's forehead with her thumb and middle finger. The latter snaps out of it and looks at his best friend.

"Um, nothing! Anyways, have you considered going to the game with me now~?" He grins, encircling his arms around Mild's waist, leaning his head on her shoulder.

He hears her sigh. "N–"

"PLEASE!!!" He whines, shaking him and Mild.

Another sigh before she goes silent. She was silent for so long, Gun thought he pushed it too far and made her mad for real. That was until– "Okay, fine..." SHE AGREED! Quite hesitantly,... but WHATEVER!

Gun's eyes widened in happiness, jumping out of his chair and dancing like a maniac in front of her. Mild looks at him, her eyes going big as she motions her head down to the chair as if telling him to sit back down and to stop embarrassing both himself and her.

Gun didn't follow.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Off was ecstatic. Gun did it! Gun convinced Mild to go to his game... which means the next part of their—Off's, actually—amazing plan to get Off and Mild together is now ON THE GO!

The taller male high-fives his best friend, "Good job! I knew I could count on you." He grinned, grabbing Gun and ruffling his hair. This makes the latter groan but he doesn't oppose it, just letting Off do what he wants.

"Off..." The younger let out, leaving the headlock he was in. "Now that I've helped you with the Mild part, can you please explain to me what you're going to actually do?" Gun asked.

Off smirks at him. "Okay, come here." He walked to a seat in the boy's locker room, patting the spot beside him. "Alright, so. As you know, my faculty is going up against the architecture faculty and, well... not to brag but I'm pretty sure I'll win that EASILY. Which is why I chose this game and told you to invite her. Anyways, so when the game finishes, my team and I will stand in front of the bleachers you and Mild are at–"

"Can you just go straight to what you're planning to do to woo her?" Gun cuts him off.

The older male grimaces slightly before nodding. "I'm going to confess and tell everything, BUT I won't mention Mild's name yet, making everyone think of who I might be confessing to," Off stops, looking at Gun to make sure he was paying attention. "THEN! My teammates, like Tay, will throw 4 giant soccer balls, spelling Mild's name up into the sky as high as they can!" Off finishes, clapping for himself.

"Pfft–" Gun accidentally let out, and immediately, the sound of his laugh filled the locker room. Off frowns at him, brows furrowed.

"What?" The latter scowled.

Gun laughs a little more before it lessens. Breathing in, he looks at Off right in the eyes and speaks. "You're such a hopeless romantic."

"Well,... Mild deserves the best of the best!" Off defends, putting his hands up. Gun smiles and hums, agreeing. Mild is a great girl. Although people might disagree with that by how she treated Gun earlier, Mild is truly a one-in-a-million type of girl that both Off and Gun are grateful to have in their lives.

The two males sat in silence, not in an uncomfortable one, just in one where they didn't have anything else to say to one another... until something popped into Gun's mind. "Why and how are you so confident in confessing in front of everyone? Are you sure she even likes you back?" He asked.

Off looks at him like he was the dumbest person in the world, and at that moment Off did think he was the dumbest. "Don't you see it in her eyes? Through her actions?" He asked a question back. Gun tilts his head to the side before shaking it 'no'. He sighs, "If she didn't like me back, why hasn't she told me to get away from her when I'm clinging onto her? I mean, it's obvious who the clingier one is between you and me when it comes to her."

That's true. Off doesn't like PDA or skinship in general so for him to always be initiating hugs and even small playful gestures like informal handshakes was a lot to take in already and Mild, who usually shows that she doesn't like skinship as well, accepts Off's.

"If she didn't like me back, why does she buy me my favorite drink every day? Why is she always there watching when I practice?" Oh, Off could go on. It was all too clear. He was 99.99% sure Mild liked him just as much as he liked her.

Gun presses his lips together, nodding. On the other hand, with Gun, Mild was very mean and always teased him. God, I've been third-wheeling since day one.

"I can see it now." He told. "Anyways! I'll get going now, I have a group project to do." Gun says, standing up hastily. Off nods at him and greets him goodbye, watching the short male leave the locker room and leave his sight.

The male sighs, despite his big talk just now, he really hopes what he thinks about Mild liking him as well is true...