Chapter 7

If Off wasn't already nervous earlier, then he is now. Much, much more nervous than he should be. He messed up during practice so much Arm stormed out to cool his head due to all the pitiful attempts at calming Jumpol down.

"Look at me, Jumpol," Tay says seriously, sitting beside Off at the benches. The aforementioned, who was looking down at his sports shoes, didn't respond or acknowledge Tay. "Off Jumpol," Tawan repeated, adding more pressure to his words.

Finally, Off looks at his friend with a blank expression.

"Off, please. I know you're nervous and scared of what might happen if it doesn't go well but seriously..." Tay started, placing his hand on Off's shoulder and gripping it slightly. "If you keep thinking negatively, it will end badly just like how you imagine it. So, stop."

"But what if she doesn't accept it? In front of, hundreds, Tay! Hundreds of people! What am I gonna do?" Off exclaims, gripping onto his own knees in frustration. Tay frowns at this.

They sat together, Tay holding Off's shoulders and Off practically trying to not break down. The tanned male was about to say something when both players heard a voice from behind.

"Off? What's wrong?" Gun.

The short male quickly walked to Off's side, sitting beside him and placing his hand on Off's head. "You okay?" He asked quietly and Off shook his head.

Tay watches the interaction, quite shocked that Off responded rather quickly to Gun more than to him. But that wasn't something to think about at the moment.

"What's wrong? What happened to him?" Gun asked Tay, staring straight at the taller guy's eyes.

Tay felt shivers run down his spine. Serious Gun was a scary Gun.

"He's just extremely nervous for the game and what he has to do after the game." Tay says briefly. Gun nods at him and grabs Off's hands, shocking both players.

To Tay's surprise, Off didn't pull away. In fact, he swore he saw Off gripping on Gun's hand tightly as if indicating for the smaller male to not let go. "Off," Gun utters out.

The taller hums.

"Do you wanna drop the plan?" Gun asked and Off whips his head to look at his best friend. Gun looked straight at Off's eyes and, well, was taken aback. He has never seen Off's eyes like this... showing so many different emotions at the same time.

For Jumpol, it was the same. He has never seen Gun's eyes filled with such seriousness. Swiftly shaking his head no, he let go of Gun's hand and goes to hold Gun's biceps.

"No, no, no! I don't want to. We've come so far. W-We got everything prepared and you already convinced M-Mild to come to the game, we- no, I can't afford to back out on this. Especially after what you guys all did for this to happen."

Gun's face stood blank. Just staring at Off. "Please." The taller male says as if begging, and to others, it would probably seem like he was. Gun relaxes and a small smile forms on his lips.

"There, there." Gun coos, his hand going up to pet Off's hair.

"So, am I just air now?" Tay jokes, breaking the moment. Off looks at him and glares before he lets go of Gun and sighs.

Off turns back to the smaller male and gives him a thank you look. Gun only nodded at him before he stood up and clapped his hands. "OKAY! NOW!" He exclaims, stretching his arms and legs.

Just as Gun was supposed to speak, Arm puts a hand on Off's shoulder and sighs at him. "Game is in 30 minutes. Are you okay now?" He asked.

Off nodded and stood up, grabbing Tay and Arm's hands. "I may be a nervous wreck but I'm not a coward!" He states confidently.