19. That One Call

Hailey - Italics
Archer - Bold

Hailey - ItalicsArcher - Bold

INCOMING CALL...
BUTTERCUP

"Hey Princess. Are you busy right now?"

"Nope. I'm just waiting for my brother to come home. I'm super bored. Why what's up?"

"I'm sorry you're bored. You think something has to be up for me to call you? It's not like it's super late. It's only 10:30 Ha- Princess."

"Since it's so early, aren't you supposed to still be at some Friday night party with your friends?"

"I already came from one. I wasn't feeling it. So I came home and called you instead."

"So you left a party to come home and talk to me?"

"Yes. Was I not clear?"

"No, I heard you. It's just...how do I put this..."

"Is it that hard to believe that I would rather talk on the phone with you at home on Friday night then be at some lame party I've been to a thousand times?"

"Well...yeah. I'm not everyone's first draft pick here. It's almost 11 pm and I haven't done anything except read a book and watch a few episodes of Friends by myself."

"Well let's change that...what do you say?"

"How would we do that?"

"Let's make it interesting. You said you were becoming more rebellious. So I was thinking today would be the perfect opportunity to break out of your comfort zone."

"How do you plan on doing that?"

"Have you ever snuck out?"

"No. But I really don't have too. My parents are out of town this weekend."

"Okay. Well that solves one problem."

"I don't know where you are going with this?"

"Do you trust me?"

"That's a very hard question to answer. I want to, I just don't know if I should."

"Fair enough. If you let me explain, you might be interested in my proposition."

"Hmm...I guess. What is the proposition?

"Meet me at the park..."

"No."

"You didn't let me finish."

"Sorry. I panicked."

"I can tell. Like I was saying, meet me at the park in Downtown Eastgate. I will already be there. I will be sitting on a bench with a blindfold on. We can talk in person and I promise not to take the blindfold off. You can bring one too if you want."

"How do you know I even live in Eastgate? I never told you what city I lived in."

"Do you live in Eastgate?"

"Maybe...maybe not."

"Why do girls have to make everything so complicated?"

"Girls are not complicated! If anything, guys are the worst."

"Princess, focus. We are getting off topic. What do you say?"

"Okay."

"Okay...?"

"Okay, I'll meet you at the park in say 20 minutes. Only if this isn't a trick. No funny business."

"Scouts honor."

"You were a boy scout. How cute!!"

"Maybe. Off topic again babe."

"I swear it's like I have A.D.D sometimes."

"You let me call you- Nevermind. I better get a move on, since I need to make it there before you."

"Right...Uhh...Buttercup?"

"Yeah."

"I'm nervous."

"I am too, Princess. I'll hear you in a bit."

*Laughs*

"Hear you in a bit. I like that."

"I'll have a blindfold on so I technically can't see you."

"You're a dork. I guess I'll hear you soon."

"20 minutes."

"20 minutes."

~~**Dial Tone**~~

"What did I just agree to?"