17. A Best Friend in Need, Deserves Katie Indeed

Hailey - Italics
Katie - Italic Underline

Hailey - ItalicsKatie - Italic Underline

CALLING...
KATIE CAT

"Hey sweet cheeks!"

"Hey...so I may have done something."

"What did you do?"

"Itoldhimmyname."

"What?"

"I may have told him my name."

"Wow. What did he say? Did he tell you his name?"

"He told me he loved my name and I hung up on him when he was about to tell me his name. I wasn't ready. I asked what city he lives in."

"And?"

"He is from Eastgate."

"Oh snap! So it's really Archer, Archer the football captain, Archer the guy every girl wants, Archer with the panty dropping smile, That Archer? Damn, Hails, you lucked out. You do realize that he can put two and two together right?"

"Jesus Katie how many times do you need to say his name? There is still a chance it's not the same person. And I'm hoping he doesn't, that would be horrendous. Plus, Hailey is a common name and I didn't tell him what city I'm from."

"I will say it as many times as it takes to get you out of your denial. What if he is starting to like you? The way that you talk about your conversations, there could be a possibility."

"Katie, I think you have finally lost your mind. The chance of Archer Valdez having any interest in me is when pigs fly and hell freezes over. It's not going to happen. I'm not what he wants. He needs someone who can stand by his side and looks just as good looking as him. I would only embarrass him."

"Boo, you are such a negative Nancy. Someone like you is exactly what he needs, even if he doesn't know it yet. You deserve a good thing and so does he."

"Maybe. Nothing is confirmed. So as far as I know we are just friends who talk on the phone. It may not ever be more than that."

*Mutters*
"Jesus. I want to hit you."

"What?"

"I want to smack you. You are so amazing, but you don't ever give yourself any credit. You write yourself and others off before giving anything a chance. You say that you've never had a boyfriend because Jake is overprotective. In reality it's just you feeling like you aren't good enough."

"..."

"You're not saying anything because you know I am right. We are seniors. I don't want you and I to look back and think of the shoulda, woulda, coulda. We have this whole year. Just don't pass up a good thing because you are afraid."

"I know that you are right. But you know how I am. I just get uncomfortable easily. I'm not very social with people I don't know. Having social anxiety kills me. I just don't know any other way to be."

"It's your defense mechanism. I get it, I really do. From this point on, no more hiding, no more letting people with Drew and Diane walk all over you. Show the world who Hailey Marie Dawson is and hold your head high."

"Thanks for the motivational speech...but I can say the same about you."

"Who said you were going through this alone? I am going to do this with you. It's time for a change. Let's show these people what Hailey and Katie are really made of."

*Deep breath*
"Alright, let's do this. Us against the world."

"That's the spirit."

"I hate you."

"No, you love me."

"Keep telling yourself that."

"What would you do without me?"

"Be one lonely bitch stuck with Jake."

"Haha, that would be a sorry excuse of a life."

"Yeah it would. I love my brother to death, but there is only so much you can take. Bless whoever ends up marrying him."

"Oh Lord, I already feel sorry for her."

"His ears are probably ringing from all the shit talk."

"Good thing he's not here to defend himself. Where is he anyway?"

"I don't even know. He said he was going to hang out with some friends and would be back later."

"So in Jake language I'm going to go get high and have a few drinks".

"Pretty much."

"Typical Jake. Hey Hail's my mom needs me to help her unload the groceries. I also told her I would help Leah with her school project."

"No problem. Have fun!"

"Yes, because spending your Friday night with your six year old sister doing what basically is arts and crafts is what every teenager wants to do."

"Leah is not that bad, she is so cute, such an angel."

"Yeah to you! She is a little she-devil. My mom is screaming for me. Talk to you later."

"Alright. Later Gator."

"Bye."

~~**Dial Tone**~~

"What should I do now, all alone on a Friday night."